25

NOVAS POV

I stood in the middle of the middle of the floor completely confused about what just went down.
She felt distant.

"Girlfriend problems, that was an extremely hard watch," Noah said sitting on the island, eating some chips.

"She's not my girlfriend, and there was no problem, everything was fine." I told him, but it sounded like I was trying to convince myself.

What was the problem exactly?

"That didn't seem fine to me Ms. Lover girl, you looked and sounded desperate," He said, swinging his feet.

"Being concerned isn't being desperate, what are you talking about?" I say slightly raising my tone.

"So you admit that you were worried, good to know," He said, holding a chip up and analyzing it.

"Noah, leave me alone." I said walking towards my room until I heard the elevator ding open.

"I just want you to accept and come to terms with your feelings, Nova!" He called out.

I keep my eyes locked on the elevator wondering who's going to come out, I hope it wasn't my dad after what Noah said just now.

I'd be in huge trouble if he heard that.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding when I saw my mom step out of the elevator.

"What feelings are the great Casanova needing help coming to terms with?" She said teasingly walking toward me.

"The feelings for her new found girlfriend, she won't admit that she's worried about her. "Noah said hopping off of the island.

Great, now my moms in on it.

"What happened baby?" My mom asked, grabbing my face.

"Nothing," I said furrowing my brows.

I honestly didn't want to discuss this.

Only if it was with Mariah herself.

"I'll tell you mom, it's okay, so-" Noah said, and as soon as he started to give her the rundown on the situation I tuned him out, I needed time to think.

Was she mad about the kiss?

I'm not understanding what changed, I thought everything was fine.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when my mom suddenly pulled me in for a hug.

"It's okay Nova." She soothed. I squinted my eyes and shot a look toward Noah who silently laughed.

"You two need to get changed, we're going on a little family outing today, your father is waiting downstairs." My mom said pulling away.

Today just got 3 times worse.

The car ride in the black SUV was extremely boring.

Majority of it consisted of my dad discussing mafia business with Noah and I, but that was the last thing on my mind.

Which was horrible, because it could never be anywhere but first on my list of priorities.

But ever since I met Mariah, she's been first.

"–Nova." my dad suddenly spoke.

"Yes?" I quickly responded, trying to cover up the fact that I was zoned out.

"Did you hear what I said?" my dad asked, and I just stared at him blankly.

I was caught.

A sigh left my dads lips before he began speaking again, "I was saying that I needed to speak with you one on one when we get to where we're going."