22

It's been about 9 hours since our little "almost kiss" and there was certainly some tension in the air.

Like a lot.

After Nova took the call she came back shortly after and finished help cook. Once everything was done we sat together and ate.

But I was quick to notice her not mentioning the situation at all.

Was it even a situation?

Maybe I was overthinking everything. I could have completely read it wrong.

I mean in a sense, Nova is a client at the end of the day and I was foolish for trying to start something.

She's even going to be a mafia leader Mariah, What was I thinking?!

I averted my attention to my door when I heard a few knocks. I removed the covers off of me and stepped out of bed. I haven't spoken to Amos in a while so maybe it's him. I twisted the knob and pulled the door open.

"Hi,"

Nova.

"Why are you here so late?" I questioned, mainly because I wanted time to look at her outfit.

Nova was surprisingly wearing a red graphic hoodie with the bottom of her white shirt poking out, blue baggy jeans, and some Timberlands, I never in a million years thought id be seeing her in this.

"Do you want to go out to the city with me?" she questioned.

"Where?" I asked hesitantly. After this morning I didn't really want to hang out with Nova, I needed to sort my feelings out.

"Can I surprise you?" She asked with a slight smirk on her face.

I paused for a moment to take a second to think.
This could be one of the worst mistakes I've ever made, but then again I was trusting that things wouldn't go left, especially after this morning.

I took a deep breath and responded, "Okay,"

"Great, I'll be in the living room." I hummed in response and closed the door. What should I wear?

I should've said no to the surprise, what if we were going to a fancy restaurant or something? I then threw the thought out of the window when I remembered Nova wasn't wearing something formal like she always is, so whatever it is we're doing must be something less formal.

I quickly picked out an outfit and went to put it on. I had on a red and white cropped varsity jacket, light blue jeans, and some red cement Jordan 4's. My curly hair was in a messy bun and I had light makeup on.

Once I went through my mini checklist to make sure I had all my going out necessities, I walked out of my room, toward the living room.

As I approached the living room I noticed Nova staring out of the floor to ceiling window out at the view of the city. She tore her gaze away from the window, and met mine.

"You could have just said you liked my outfit, you didn't have to copy me," She said, rising from the couch.

"I did not copy you," I said furrowing my brows.

I didn't realize how similar our outfits were.

Did I unintentionally match with her?

"Mhm, let's go," she said walking with me to the elevator.

Once we made it out of the estate, we got in her car and were on our way to wherever she was taking me.

The car ride so far had been silent– almost like all of our car rides, but this time it was more of a comfortable silence.