49

We continued the rest of the night playing a plethora of carnival games– most of which Nova won. We had a ton of prizes already, majority were little trinkets and plushies which were piled in a bag.

As our time at the pier came to an end, there was one last thing I had on our agenda here before we returned home for my last surprise.

"I have two more surprises for you." I said as we neared the last thing I had planned here.

"I can't wait to see what you have planned." she murmured, pressing a quick kiss to my cheek.

We continued toward the end of the pier and as we inched closer to the last thing I found excitement slowly dwindling away.

When the huge line for the ferris wheel came into my view, it seemed like our time here would be a bit longer than I expected.

After what seemed like an eternity, but was actually fifteen minutes, it was finally our turn load into the cabin.

I slid into the enclosed ferris wheel and Nova got in after, taking the seat across from me.
Once everyone was boarded on, the ferris wheel started, causing us to make our way to the top.

As the ferris wheel slowly brought us to the top, Nova grabbed the giant panda and sat it next to her. And in one swift motion she switched seats to be next to me.

"Hi."

A giggle fell from my lips, "Hi,"

I stared out of the glass admiring the bright moon in the dark night sky as we slowly ascended upwards.

I leaned into Nova, resting my head on her shoulder, taking in the different people and neon lights spread across the pier.

"It's really beautiful here," Nova suddenly said.

"I really wanted to take you here, I had a feeling you would like it." I whispered, watching as we neared its highest point.

"I love it." she corrected, and I couldn't help but smile.

When the ferris wheel stopped I lifted my head from Nova's shoulder.

I was in complete awe from the view alone. But being able to see Hawaii from up here with Nova, made this ten times better.

I tore my gaze away from the distant buildings to face Nova, whose stare already seemed to be on me.

A smirk grew on my face, "What?" I said as she kept her eyes locked on me.

There was something about the look in her eye, like she wanted to tell me something.

I just couldn't tell what it would be though.

But before I could think too deep into it, she raised her hand up to my face to cup my cheek.

She abruptly stopped before our lips could connect and gently rested her forehead against mine. "You mean so much to me Mariah," she whispered. "I just want to give you the world."

A few beats of silence passed before I finally replied.

"You already have."

And with that I leaned in completely, igniting a heat in my body that seemed like it would never stop burning.

The kiss was soft and gentle as any unspoken words from tonight poured into it.

I completely melted into the kiss, as our lips molded together perfectly.

But the short lived kiss was easily broken apart when the ferris wheel started once more, bringing us back down to where we got on at.

Nova grabbed the huge panda and the bag full of prizes as we got out of the cabin completely.