28

I sat on my bed on my macbook, typing out possible recipes to try tomorrow. It just seemed like I wasn't doing enough with the time I had.

A yawn escaped my lips and I moved my cursor up to check the time, which now displayed 10:53.

And the extremely late hour intensified the feeling that I've been wasting my time with this.

I'm constantly going places with Nova and it just feels like I'm getting paid for playing around.

Mr. Zho is counting on me for this.

I really have to focus–

But speaking of Nova...

I haven't seen her since this morning. I quickly tried to shake the thought away realizing that this is one of the reasons I'm behind on work now.

But I couldn't help but wonder what she does when she's off the estate...

I tried to push the thought away once more because the only thing I was doing was further confusing myself.

And after this morning Nova had to be confused too.

And speaking of...I told Ethan and Camilla about what went on and let's say they thought I was in the wrong.

Which I completely agree with.

I should definitely talk to her.

Maybe...?

I knew I had to talk to her, I just didn't know why I was dreading it so much.

It was just going to be... awkward?

What was I even going to say? Hey I'm sorry for avoiding you after we kissed, friends? Because in all honesty I didn't want to be her friend, I just don't know what to do with that information.

I still didn't even know if she liked me back. For all I know I could have kissed me because it was awkward, like what happened to that other girl.

I didn't know what she wanted from this, I didn't even know what I wanted. But the only way to find out is if we talk.

...Which I didn't want to do...

But–

My mini pep talk was interrupted when a few knocks sounded at my door.

If that was Nova then that's extremely ironic.

I lifted the macbook from my lap and forced myself out of bed to get the door, to which my suspicions were easily confirmed.

That really was ironic.

Extremely ironic.

"Can we talk?" Nova asked, furrowing her brows.

No.

I threw away the thought and quickly took in Nova's appearance, starting at the brown khakis she had on, to the white polo that accentuated her toned arms.

I averted my gaze back to her eyes, "-Yeah." I forced out, hoping that she didn't notice me taking a quick look.

"Can I come in?" she asked. Deep down, part of me didn't want to have this conversation, even though I knew it was necessary.

I nodded my head in response and stepped to the side so she could come into the room and once she was in, I closed the door behind her.

"Where'd you go?" Nova asked as I turned around, walking deeper into the room.

"Hang out with some friends, they're the same ones from the restaurant." I said approaching her.

I don't know how she managed to look even better in my room.