13

I was currently sitting in the back of a black SUV as I made my way back to the estate, and when I tell you im not ready to see Nova again I absolutely mean it.

From her telling me this whole thing was a mafia to me seeing her kiss that random girl yesterday I couldn't decide which one was worst.

I stared out of the window as the car approached the security gate. The driver rolled down the window, told the worker at the gate the code and the front gate glided open. And as we passed the gates I instantly felt my mood dampen, I couldn't wait for this to be over.

I grabbed my things out of the backseat when we got to the entrance. I reached for the car handle when a worker suddenly opened the door from the outside. I nervously smiled as I stepped out of the car and looked at the double doors.

I let out a deep breath as I scanned the tall doors.
One of the doors swung open and I saw Amos with a warm smile on his face. I really had to apologize to him for yesterday.

I walked toward the doors and greeted Amos with a smile.

"Welcome back Ms. Breaux." He said closing the door when I fully walked in.

"Thank you," I said, turning around to face him, "I'm really sorry about yesterday, I was just upset and... you didn't deserve that." I told him
dropping my gaze to the floor.

"It's okay Ms. Breaux, it's all behind us." Amos said, softening his gaze. "Let me know if you need anything." He added, before giving me a brief nod and walking away. I still felt really bad about the whole situation.

I exited the elevator once i was on my floor and furrowed my brows when I saw something from the corner of my eye.

Why was Nova letting everyone up on this floor?!

I turned around to see who was up here now and to my surprise it was Noah. He was sitting at the kitchen island eating some sort of food, which I quickly realized was cereal. He was looking down at his phone until his eyes darted up to mine.

"Nova has you up here?!" He asked, completely shocked.

"Why does everyone keep asking me that?" I questioned taking in his appearance. His slightly curly hair was disheveled and he had on a large white T shirt, did he just wake up?

"Cause it's honestly shocking that she does." He said putting the spoon in his hand back down into the bowl.

"You were at the first meeting, I assumed you knew I was here." I told him, narrowing my eyes.

"What if I told you I forgot..." He raised his brows.

"I'm here to cook for Novas thing." I reminded him, walking further into the kitchen where he was.

"I guess your cooking skills must be really good if she let you stay on this floor." He mumbled picking his spoon back up.

"Are you going to tell me what this floor is?" I asked him approaching the island.

He slowly hummed before he said, "I'd rather not."

"Well it was nice finally speaking to you," I said, backing up from the island, "But I have work to start." I added turning to the direction of my room.

"Wait." He called out. "I'm throwing a party later tonight at this bar in the city," He said as I turned around to face him again, "You should come, it's nice to have a break once in a while."

"I don't know..." I trailed off looking away. What if Nova was going? I mean her brother is the one throwing it.

"I'll give you time to think about it."  He narrowed his eyes "If you end up deciding you want to go I assume you know who Amos is, he has the address, just ask him for it—I'll even get a driver to take you there." He added.

"I'll think about it." I replied, walking in the direction of my door once again.

"I expect to see you tonight." He called out as I opened the door to my room, stepping in.

I closed the door behind me and walked in the direction of the bed.

I plopped down on it as I stared up at the ceiling, letting my thoughts engulf me.

What would I do if Nova was at the party? Why should it even matter if Noah invited me himself?

Then again I haven't really had a one on one conversation with Noah until 2 minutes ago, I don't know who he hangs around with, what if I get kidnapped at the party?

Wait, is Noah a part of the mafia thing too?

The mafia thing.

I think I took my mind off of it for a whopping 20 minutes. There's so many questions I have about this whole thing that my mind might explode.

Then my mind wandered off to Nova again, and I felt a blush instantly creep on my face.

I haven't seen Nova since I saw her kissing that girl yesterday and it was honestly odd not seeing her around. I'm happy she's not here right now though, she's probably off with that girl.

Who was that girl to Nova anyways?

Was she Nova's girlfriend this whole time?

Then it dawned on me.

That girl is Nova's girlfriend, why else would she say she was staying on the 5th floor.

I instantly felt my stomach drop as the thought lingered in my head.

Maybe I should go to that party.

It's only one night of fun anyways, and plus, I needed something to get my mind off of everything. This could be good for me.

It wouldn't make a huge difference if I didn't go anyways so I might as well.

I thought about almost every pro and con that could possibly exist for me going to this party and there was approximately one more pro than con, so the decision was made.

I got up from my bed to see what I was going to wear and then I realized.

I didn't have a dress.