10

I don't think I've ever been this tired in my life, but I guess that was a repeating theme since I got here.

Nova and I got back to the estate around 11 at night, but I wasn't able to go to sleep until 12 due to the swirling thoughts in my mind.

No matter how much I tried I just couldn't get my mind off of Nova.

An array of thoughts traveled in and out of my head, Was that just her feeling sorry for the incident that happened? Did she do all of that out of pity?

I quickly leaned over to the edge of the bed to grab my phone off of the nightstand.

I tapped the screen and the light from the phone shortly followed.

12:37

I laid my phone back down on the nightstand and turned back over.  On the end of my bed I saw the silhouette of the dolphin that Nova won for me today– well yesterday. I quickly turned next to me and grabbed the fluffy white pillow beside me and plopped it over my face.

I was so gonna regret this in the morning.

I was instantly awoken from my sleep when the sound of my phone alarm filled my ears. I really need to change my alarm, I have too many bad memories from it. I grabbed my phone off the nightstand and checked the time.

6:30

I was officially living off of barley 6 hours of sleep and I had a ton of meetings to go to today.

Completely defeated, I sat up in the extremely comfortable bed and slid my feet over the edge. I rubbed my eyes for a couple of seconds before getting out of the bed entirely and walking to the bathroom to prepare myself for this excruciating long day.

I did my daily morning routine, and put on light makeup. I walked over to the bathroom mirror to look at myself one last time, I had on some baggy black jeans, a black sweater vest, over a white button up and some Dr. Martens.

I exited the bathroom and shortly after left my room. I walked across the hall into the elevator and went down to the conference floor. I had a lot to do today.

I needed Nova to come to an agreement and finalize what dishes will be at the event so I can go to the store to prepare and make test dishes. I wanted everything to be perfect, it just had to be.

I absolutely couldn't mess this up, and if that meant making dishes I thought I perfected, 50 more times then I would, especially with Mr. Zho relying on me for this.

I also needed the other caters to make an overall outline of how and where everything would be. Placement was really important to me, and having horrible food placement could ruin a whole event.

I tiredly made my way out of the elevator and the conference floor was surprisingly crowded today, were these all people Nova hired?  I wonder if they know what the event is really for. I pushed through the suited people and made my way to the designated room. 

I opened the frosted glass door and my gaze immediately dropped to Nova who was already sitting down at the table. From what I can see she was wearing a couple of gold chains layered on top of a burgundy button up.

I don't know why my mouth watered at the sight of her in burgundy–really at the sight of her in anything, she always looked good.

Her eyes slowly trailed down my body before making their way back to my face. I quickly sat down at the table and bent down to reach in my bag to hide the embarrassment on my face. If somebody were to color match my face with her button up I bet it would be 1 to 1.