51

Today was our second— and final day in Hawaii after being here for presumably less than twenty four hours.

The flight back was ten hours just like the first day, meaning that we only had a few hours before we had to get on the plane back.

The trip felt really short lived but for the most part it was a much needed break. And when we get back to the estate, I'd be able to start working once more.

Deep down I wish that Nova and I could stay here forever.

Long walks on the beach, waking up together, cooking together, hearing about her day.

I know it's selfish of me, but I didn't want her to be a mafia boss—

I wanted her all to myself.

"What's on today's itinerary?" Nova asked, exiting the bathroom attached to my room.

To be honest I didn't have anything planned for our trip besides the surprise cake. Everything else was extremely last minute.

Like extremely last minute.

"I'm not sure right now, we only have six hours before we leave." I pointed out.

She walked past my bed and went toward the window which gave a clear view of the ocean. "How about..." she trailed off.

"Surfing?"

My brows immediately raised at the somewhat random suggestion, "I haven't surfed since I was little." I admitted.

I always wanted to learn tricks though, especially being surrounded by a huge body of water, but my mom never let me do anything past the basics

"My dad knows how to though, he's really good." I added.

My dad used to surf professionally for a bit when him and my mom moved to Hawaii, he ended up getting super busy with business and work stuff so he ultimately stopped.

But a lot of people on the island still know him for being a somewhat professional surfer.

"I bet I could learn how to surf in under thirty minutes," Nova said, walking back toward the bed.

"Who could learn how to surf in under thirty minutes?" my dad suddenly asked from the hallway, overhearing the current conversation,

He walked into my room, "You?" he asked, pointing to Nova.

She nodded her head, "I could learn how to surf and ride a wave in under thirty minutes." she repeated.

Which earned a laugh from my dad.

Like a full on laugh.

"You're serious?" he asked, shooting her an amused look.

And a challenging glint was in her eye, "One hundred percent."

My dad nodded his head, walking closer to Nova, "I have a deal for you." he said lowly and shortly after Nova and my dad were striking a deal– which I couldn't hear the terms of, for some odd reason.

The secrecy of whatever the bet was, peaked my interest completely.

My dad pulled back from Novas ear to shake her hand, and once the deal seemed to be over my dad was leaving the rom, "I'll see you in the water in one hour." he called out, disappearing back into the hallway.

I raised a brow at Nova, entirely confused on what she got herself into.

"Could you take me somewhere that sells swim trunks?" she asked, shooting me an awkward smile.