16

NOVA'S POV

I paused for a moment before calling her name again.

"Mariah." I said flatly.

I stayed still and focused on her stomach to make sure she was still breathing. My suspicions were easily confirmed as I watched her stomach rise and fall, she fell asleep.

Why wouldn't she be sleep? Nova come on.

I shook my head at the thought and tore my eyes away from her. I scanned her apartment. The first thing that caught my attention was the book shelves, and various books scattered everywhere.

I noticed the movie posters, vinyls, paintings and random trinkets placed carefully around the apartment.

I walked deeper in and noticed a balcony. When I made it to her balcony I peered out. She had different plants sitting throughout balcony with watering cans.

I turned around looking back into the main part of her apartment until I saw a door. That had to be her room.

I glanced back over to Mariah who was still sleeping.

I wasn't going to go into her room without permission, but I didn't want to wake her up.

I took a deep breath and exhaled before walking over to the couch she was sleeping on. Her lips were slightly parted and her face was completely relaxed. Everything about her was breathtaking.

I ruled against waking her up just so I could see her sleeping.

I scrunched my face realizing how odd the thought was.

I leaned down and gently shook her hoping she'd wake up. When she didn't, I shook her again and nothing. I went to shake her again when a slight hum left her lips.

"Mariah, are you awake?" I asked, looking down at her stirring on the couch.

"Mmm." She hummed once again.

I glanced toward the door I saw and looked back down at her. "Is that your room over there?"

"Probably." She replied tiredly. Her voice sounded so attractive, then again that was everyday.

"Do you want to go to your room?" I asked her, and a faint hum left her mouth again.

"Can you get up so I can help you there?"

"...Legs don't work." she mumbled, turning around on the couch.

I glanced down at Mariah who was now facing away from me. "Want me to carry you?"

"Mmm."

I kept my gaze on her for a second watching as her body rose up and down.

I leaned down and scooped her into my arms and began walking toward her room. She leaned her head against my chest, adjusting herself to get comfortable. When I approached the door I leaned down slightly, managing to grab the knob and twist it.

When the door creaked open I turned my body to push the door open.I looked against the walls for a lightswitch until I located it and flicked it on.