45

"Nova, you're going to make me late." I murmured as I spit out the toothpaste out into the sink.

She continued placing soft kisses on my neck, "Ethan and Camilla will be there," she murmured.

I placed my hands on the sink, trying to keep my composure, "They need my help." I forced out.

Knowing Nova, if I were to give in right now, I'd never make it to work on time.

I probably wouldn't make it at all.

"Be serious Nova. Come on." I said, shrugging her arms off of me.

She gave me an offended look through the mirror, "I can't kiss my girlfriend now?" she questioned.

I wiped my face off, "You know that wasn't the only thing you had planned." I squinted my eyes at her.

She sucked in a dramatic gasp, "What? You- you think that I would have such ill intentions in mind!?" she said, placing her hand over her chest.

I playfully rolled my eyes and exited the bathroom, "Not naming any names but..." I jokingly trailed off.

"My feelings are really hurt now." she said with a shaky voice.

"Mine too."

Eventually we were exiting my apartment building and heading to the restaurant.

"When you drop me off, drive off super fast okay?" I asked her, keeping my true intentions in the back of my mind.

She raised a brow, "Why?"

The main reason I was doing this was because both Ethan and Camilla were adamant about having a conversation with Nova.

"No particular reason..." I trailed off, averting my attention back to the window.

When I noticed we arrived at the restaurant I quickly gathered my belongings trying to be as discreet as possible.

I placed a kiss on her cheek, "I'll see you later?" I questioned pulling back.

She glanced down to my lips, "Mhm," she hummed and a blush easily creeped onto my face.

"Have I ever mentioned how pretty you are?" she asked, keeping her gaze on my lips.

I placed my finger on my chin, pretending to be in deep thought. "Briefly..." I trailed off, "You might have to refresh my memory."

"Is that so?"

A small smirk grew on my lips before I leaned in.

But before our lips could connect, knocking sounded on the glass next to me. And through the tinted window I was able to make out Ethan and Camilla standing outside shaking their heads.

Nova slowly rolled the window down as they fully came into my view.

"How can I help you today officers?" Nova asked as they approached the window.

Ethan leaned in the window, "I'm not too fond of you holding my employees hostage in front of my work place ma'am." he said, deepening his voice.

"My truest apologies sir," she joked but he only shook his head.

Camilla quickly shoved him out the way before proceeding to lean in the window after him, "When are you going to put a ring on this finger anyways? Mariah right here is a hard working woman in dire need of a vacation it seems to me like you need to step up your game—"

"Okay! Nice little chat, I'll see you later Nova," I cut her off, opening the door and getting out.

A faint chuckle left Nova's lips as I closed the door behind me, rushing in the restaurant as Camilla and Ethan followed behind me.