52

Soon enough, we were completely packed up and ready to head back to New York.

And as much as I wish the trip was longer, I was ready to get all of this over with.

I absolutely couldn't wait for the moment the event was over and that weight visibly lifted off my chest.

That wave of relief would feel so good, I was already imagining it.

"You guys are coming back for Christmas right?" my mom asked while we were heading to the door.

I nodded for what seemed like the hundredth time by now. Each time we tried to leave, another goodbye, another question, and another hug was stopping us from getting out that door.

And we were already getting back at midnight cause we're going to be in the air for ten hours.

"Yes mom, we'll be back for Christmas." I breathed out, causing a chuckle to leave Nova's lips.

She pulled back from the hug we were in, "Okay, I'm just making sure..." she trailed off.

"Alina let them leave," my dad suddenly said, shaking his head.

She furrowed her brows, "I cant wish my daughter and her girlfriend goodbye now?" she questioned with a hint of irritation in her tone.

My dad shot me a knowing look, which was basically saying he was staying out of it. "I'll see you two for christmas, be careful." he said before disappearing back into the house.

My mom averted her attention to Nova, and shortly after she cleared her throat, "Thanks for having me, I'm greatly appreciative... I'll go put everything in the car, thanks once again." she trailed off, walking away completely.

And with that, I knew my mom was going to give me a lecture.

"Mom–"

"I'm just letting you know that you're going to do great." she said, placing her hands on my shoulders.

"Okay–"

"Promise you'll do great?" she cut me off, shaking my shoulders.

I rolled my eyes and a smile began creeping on my face, "I promise that I'll do great." I repeated and once the words fell from my lips, my mom pulled me in a deep hug.

"You know I love you right?" she asked as we remained in the hug.

I nodded my head as we remained in the embrace.

"So when are you going to tell that girl you love her?"

My brows immediately shot up and an immense heat creeped up on my face. She pulled back from the hug, looking between my eyes. "Cause you haven't told her yet right?" she squinted her eyes.

"I– what?" I forced out, feeling like I was caught entirely off guard.

"You know what– its okay, I don't want you guys to miss your flight, i'll see you next month." she said heading back into the house.

"Wait– what did you mean?" I asked as she began leaving.

She shot me a slight smile before slowly closing the door, "Mom," I said flatly.

"Bye!" she dragged out, and soon enough the door was shut.

I shook my head, walking to the black SUV that Nova was waiting for me in.

The driver pulled the back door open, allowing me to get in the back next to Nova before shortly closing the door behind me. "Everything's okay?" she questioned as I buckled my seatbelt.