33

NOVAS POV

Noah and I paced around my living room waiting for a response. In less than 24 hours we were able to get in contact with one of the members from the Phantoms... via email of course.

We were on step two of Noah's plan currently waiting for a callback to arrange my fake kidnapping.

It sounded even worse in my head.

I stopped dead in my tracks. "We need somebody to speak to them when they call us." I said, coming to the realization.

Noah copied me, stopping in his tracks across the living room. "Get Zane." He responded.

"No, he's like my consigliere. That's too obvious and plus you know he's in Spain right now, the person who calls has to drop me off." I replied.

Zane was my right hand man, other than Noah. He's been in Spain on vacation for a couple of weeks now, he was returning for the event though.

"I have the perfect person." Noah said eagerly, jogging to me.

"Who?" I asked.

A brief silence filled the air before he replied. "Mariah."

I immediately shoved him on the couch and began walking away.

"Being the funny one in the family is so hard." He said laughing.

"This is serious Noah." I stared at him blankly.

"Get Amos," he said and I immediately rolled my eyes, "I know he sounds like Alfred, but he can play as some old school 1930's mafia boss who just kidnapped you in the most intricate way." He further explained.

That could maybe work...

"See!? Look, I told you I have great ideas." He said jumping off of the couch.

"Go get him then so we can get this done."
He shook his head. "Nuh-uh you get him." He raised a brow.

"I'm not going down there." I told him.

"Don't want to catch your girlfriend down there?" he cooed, pressing his fingers together making them kiss.

I narrowed my eyes. "Noah."

"Fine, I'll go, you're such a buzzkill." He said heading in the direction of the elevator. Once he was back with Amos we waited patiently for a call.

"How do you know they'll return the call today?" Amos asked, looking at me.

"I mean they should call back soon, why would they miss that opportunity to take the daughter of a mafia boss?" I asked.

"Because you're ugly–"

The sound of the burner phone ringing echoed throughout the room.

Noah rushed toward the phone."Get it, get it!" he said, cutting his previous statement off. Amos grabbed the phone, answering it and putting it on speaker.

"Took you long enough, I have people from the twenties ready to jump on this offer right now." He said slightly, changing his tone.

Noah raised his brows and glanced at me.

We both were caught off guard, neither of us have ever heard Amos like that.

It was definitely a strange sight.

"We don't even know if this is legit,'' the deep voice on the other line said.

"The photo was emailed along with my demands for a 1 million flat and you can have her." He said.