36

I was pulled out of my sleep, when I felt something gently rubbing up and down my waist.
My tired eyes slowly opened, but before my eyes could fully adjust, Nova spoke, "Good morning."

I averted my attention toward her, realizing that I was laying against her chest, and a heat creeped on my face. "Morning Casanova," I said tiredly.

Being with her just felt like it was second nature, like i've been doing this forever.

"Wow, we're starting this early in the morning?" she asked jokingly.

I hummed in response, soon noticing the macbook laid across her lap. "How long have you been up?" I questioned.

A hum left her lips before she responded, "A little over an hour."

"I see how it is." I said pulling away from her.

"What?" she asked, placing the macbook next to her.

I pushed the heavy covers off of me."Oh, nothing... I'll just remember this." I said getting out of bed completely heading toward the bathroom

"Mariah—"

"La la la— can't hear you Casanova." I joked, closing the bathroom door completely.

After about thirty minutes, I was done showering, brushing my teeth and doing my morning routine.

I exited the bathroom and noticed Nova had the tv on.  "What are you watching?" I asked, walking deeper into the room.

"The news."

I shook my head when my suspicions were easily confirmed."Of course, I saw that coming." I joked, sitting back on the bed next to Nova.

She immediately squinted her eyes. "What are you trying to say?" she trailed off.

I lazily raised my brows."Super lame, boring mafia boss watching the news, I can't say this wasn't expected." I challenged.

"Super lame?" She reiterated, trailing her hand up and down my inner thigh. Almost instantly the feeling from last night came flooding back.

"Yeah," I breathed out, trying to fight the heat creeping upon my body.

"Is that your final answer?" She questioned keeping her low gaze on me.

Without even thinking twice I shook my head no, taking back any possible counter argument I could have.

"I figured." She said retracting her hand completely.

Trying to recover I averted my attention back to the news which was now talking about today's gloomy weather. "It's really cloudy today." I pointed out, trying to ignore what just happened.

"It looks like it could snow." Nova said, glancing out the huge windows.

I narrowed my eyes at her, knowing that it was unlikely for it to snow in the middle of November. "It's not going to snow mid November Nova,"  I deadpanned.

But before she could respond the newscaster from the tv spoke, "It's even looking like some heavy snowfall could occur in some areas within the hour–"

"I told you!" she exclaimed, "Come on!" She quickly rushed towards my side of the bed grabbing my hands, tugging me up.

"Nova it's cold out there," I said as she pulled me towards the door.

"Get a jacket, we have to hurry."

I went in my closet and quickly changed into some black leggings, a puffer jacket, and some boots.

Nova was still in her black sweat pants and shirt from last night, the only difference was the jacket and the shoes.

"Took you long enough." She said before grabbing my hand and leading me out the door.