24

After I texted Ethan and Camilla I quickly got ready to meet them at a cafe in the city.

I really needed to talk to them right about now.

Once I finished getting ready and putting my makeup on, I did a quick once over on my entire appearance.

I had on a plain white cropped shirt, with black sleeves, blue baggy jeans, and panda dunks. It was warmer out today so I wanted to take the chance to wear something without a jacket.

I grabbed my phone and a few other necessities and made my way to the elevator. It seemed like I spent 90% of my time here in this elevator. Once I made it to the first floor I began walking toward the front of the estate.

That was before I remembered that I needed Nova's permission to get a driver into the city.

Great.

I internally sighed before turning on my heel back to the elevator.

As I went to press the button for Novas floor I soon also remembered that her floor had a completely different ring than mine, and I had no idea how to get there without it.

Noah.

Noah had to have a ring to get up there, I mean there was no reason why he wouldn't.

All I had to do was find Noah and then I could get to Nova.

That seemed simple enough.

I stepped back out of the elevator for what seemed to be like the hundredth time and headed in the direction of the backyard.

Mostly because Noah seemed like the type to spend most of his time there.  I mean I barely see him in the actual building, he's either gone or I assume outside.

And my suspicions were completely correct, when I noticed him on a floatie in the pool in the distance.

I pushed through the back door and walked at least 4 miles until I got to the pool.

Okay, it wasn't that far, but the pool itself was really far away from the estate.

After that extremely long walk I had finally got to Noah.

"You getting in?" Noah yelled out on the floatie. Noah was wearing duck swim trunks and what seemed to be Cartier sunglasses.

"No, I need your help getting me on Nova's floor." I corrected him.

"Why do you need my help? just ask Nova," Noah said gliding further away from me.

I squinted my eyes at him before responding, "I can't ask her without getting to her first,"

"Just call her then," He said in a matter-of-factly tone.

"Can you just help me?" I deadpanned. It was clear he was trying to be funny.

"I guess so..." He said dragging out the so.

I was completely caught off guard when I watched him flip over the floatie directly into the water.

I felt concern progressively grow inside of me when he had been under the water for at least 20 seconds already.

"Noah..?" I questioned leaning to look inside the water.

I waited for the water to stop moving and when it did I felt like my heart drop. He was still under the water and I felt worry build up in me by the second.

I tore my gaze away from the pool inside the house, seeing if I could spot Amos through the windows.

I quickly averted my attention back down to the pool— and my heart did a somersault in my chest when Noah popped out of the pool, completely splashing me in water.

I immediately took a few steps away from the edge in response.

"Did I- Did I get you?" Noah said laughing while pulling himself out of the pool.

"That wasn't funny Noah." I said, analyzing my now slightly wet shirt. I knew I should have worn a jacket.

"It was hilarious, god you should have seen the look on your face," He said, continuing to laugh.
I walked away from him into the estate in pure irritation.

"Don't be mad Mariah, it's okay," He said catching up to me. He was now shuffling the pool towel across his wet hair.

I stepped in the elevator, waiting for him to follow behind me until he spoke, "Hold on let me get the ring."

I watched as he hurried into some unknown location before returning to the elevator.

He put the ring to the slot before pressing the button, making the elevator shoot up.

I was not looking forward to seeing Nova, and I didn't know why.

I mean I am the one who initiated the kiss.

It was just...

My rapid thoughts were cut off when the elevator doors dinged open.

"Casanova," Noah called out in a sing-song tone.

He stepped out the elevator and I soon followed suit as he walked deeper into the level.

I was confused about where Nova was until I saw her sitting at her kitchen island.

"Noah." She said keeping her gaze locked on her Macbook.

Almost as if she felt my presence, her eyes soon lifted from the screen and slowly scanned my body, and shortly after I found myself craving something more than a kiss.

Something much more.

"Mariah," Nova said, but it came out in more of a whisper.

She stood up from the stool and began walking toward me. When she passed the island I was able to take in her full appearance.

Nova was in a black tank top, loose black sweats and matching black socks. And for the first time, her hair was up in a loose bun, with a few strands touching her face.

I was always attracted to Nova— and that was a fact, but right now.

I couldn't describe how I was feeling right now.

Because it was beyond attraction at this point.

"Is everything okay?" Nova asked, looking concerned.

"Yeah, I don't have the ring access to your floor so I had to get Noah to come up with me," I explained.

"I'm sorry, I'll have you a key within the hour," She said.

"I—um, I'm actually up here to ask if you can get me cleared for a ride into the city," I explained slightly looking away from her.

"Where is it? I can take you," she said with a hint of worry in her tone.

"No-no, it's fine, a driver is fine." I corrected her.

"Are you- are you sure?" Nova said softly. I was starting to feel really bad about avoiding her.

"Yeah." I said flatly, playing with my thumb.

"I'll let Amos know right now." She said, And with the confirmation I began making my way back to the elevator, until I felt Nova's hand grab mine gently.

"Did I do something wrong?" She whispered. Her brows were furrowed and she was looking deeply into my eyes.

Please let me make it out of here.

"No," I reassured, looking up at her.

A silence filled the room for a few seconds before she responded,"Are we okay?"

And I immediately felt my heart skip a beat.

"Yeah, we're good, everything's good." I forced out.

This all felt wrong.

"Okay." She said, letting go of my hand.

I turned around and headed toward the elevator, and suddenly I needed to talk with Ethan and Camilla more than anything.