27

NOVAS POV

Even though it was the last place I wanted to be, I ended right back at the mall with Noah and my mom.

It wasn't as bad as I thought of course, mostly because Noah was carrying all the bags.

And complaining...

"When are we leaving? These are heavy." Noah groaned, throwing his head back.

"When I'm done shopping, we barely been in here for half an hour." My mom said walking to the next store.

I slightly pushed him."Yeah Noah, we've barely been here for half an hour," I teased.

"You've barely been in here for 5," He corrected.

"At least I don't have 5 bags in my hands," I shot back jokingly.

"Not right now, but you will in 10 minutes" He said following my mom into the store, which was currently Hermès.

One thing my mom loved was shopping at luxury brands. I'm pretty sure all the bags in Noah's hand right now were from some sort of designer place.

I watched as Noah dropped all the bags in his hands on the carpeted floor and sat down on the couch, "Finally."

I rolled my eyes and began browsing around the bright store.

I was never obsessed with luxury brands as my mom was, but as members of a famous mafia we needed to wear expensive attire at all of our appearances.

No matter what it was.

I wasn't really opposed to this rule.

It was just tiring doing it all the time.

Yet even with this I found myself glancing at the different items on display.

"Since when did you actually look around? And at purses at that." My mom suddenly asked from behind me.

And I furrowed my brows realizing what she said.

Why was I looking at purses?

"Maybe I wanted one for me, who knows," I said, trying to play it off. Because truthfully I didn't even know why I was looking.

She walked passed the watch displays. "I tried that when you were little, you were very adamant about putting everything in your pockets," She said, turning on her heel to which I followed.

"I'm turning over a new leaf." I added walking back toward Noah.

Nova threw his head back, groaning. "We're leaving already? I sat down for like 2 minutes." He complained.

"Must be hard." I joked walking past him out of the store.

"Yeah it is." He called out from behind me and I chuckled. I began following behind my mom to the next store before Noah said something.

"Dude come to the toy store with me," Noah said catching up to me.

I quickly narrowed my eyes at him."You can't go by yourself?" I asked.

"I'm scared."

I was genuinely considering it before I saw our mom walk in Givenchy.

"I will, just after this," I told him while following behind my mom into the dimly lit store.

"Bro."

I didn't know why I was so eager to go in.

It was unlike me.

I walked past the various displays until I made it to the jewelry section in the back. I glanced at the different pieces before my eyes landed on a necklace.