15

Nova's eyes lingered on me, until somebody walked up to her. She tore her gaze from me as she greeted the person in front of her. And the nausea instantly came back.

My stomach started turning as the thoughts came flooding back into my head. I tried to shake them away but the nausea didnt go away.

I quickly slid out of the circular booth and made my way to the bar.

I needed a drink right now.

Once I got to the bar and sat on one of the stools, trying to push away the sickness I felt.

"What can I get for you tonight?" The bartender asked me, while wiping out a glass.

"Two shots of anything please." I said putting my arm on the counter and leaning on my hand.

"Alright, I'll get that out soon." The woman suited in white said, walking down the bar.

I was fighting the urge to turn around and look at Nova, I just couldn't stand to see her with that girl. I don't know why.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw somebody sit at the stool next to me. I ignored the observation as the bartender came back to where I was.

"Do you want to know what's in these?" She asked as she set the two shots in front of me.

"No thanks." I said, grabbing the shot glass and quickly throwing back the burning liquid. I quickly swallowed the shot as I squeezed my eyes closed.

"Rough night?" The voice next to me suddenly spoke. I glanced next to me and saw a man looking directly at me. I wasn't in the mood for interacting with some random man at the bar.

"Sure." I said irritatedly, grabbing the second shot and throwing it back. The second one went down better than the first. I set the empty shot glass back on the counter and got up from the stool.

I walked away from the bar to a different section of the area I was in. In this section there were people dancing and music blaring on the dancefloor. I assumed this section was for partying since the other one was a bit more formal.

"Champagne?" A woman holding a tray with drink flutes asked me.

"Yes please." I said grabbing 2 flutes off of the tray. I quickly drank the first flute and put it back on the silver plate before I made my way to the heated dance floor. While walking toward the group of raging bodies and thick air, I quickly threw back the second flute and set it on some random table.

The music suddenly stopped as the DJ's voice came over the loudspeaker.

"The next song was by popular request, I need to hear everybody in here though if you're trying to hear what it is."

And shortly after screams, from all throughout the dance floor rang throughout the room.

I went deeper into the colored room near the crowd and waited for the DJ to start the song.
As soon as the first few seconds of the song played the crowd started screaming.

I started moving to the beat along with everyone else until I heard a loud voice next to me. I slowly turned around continuing to move as my eyes met the woman next to me. Her face was tinted by the strobe lights in the section.

"Dance with me?" The woman called over the music. I nodded in response and began dancing with her as the music continued.

Halfway through the song I turned around and started dancing against her, keeping my back against her front, i moved with the music until I felt her arm snake around my waist, keeping me in place as we continued to dance. I was definitely feeling the alcohol now.