2

As the people began entering the restaurants I couldn't help but conclude that this was more than 25 people.

Ethan and Camilla have yet to show up and it was just me and Mr. Zho. I hoped they'd be here soon, this must be an important event if this many people are here. I wonder what the occasion was.

Me and Mr. Zho were leading different groups of people around the restaurant to seat them at various tables, meeting at the front desk to retrieve a new group.

"I'm going to begin taking drink orders, so you'll have to seat the rest of the people, let me know if you need any help." Mr. Zho said to me before disappearing to a different part of the restaurant. More people seemed to be entering the restaurant and I was beginning to panic.

Okay, you can do this Mariah.

I reached under the desk and grabbed more menus before leading what seemed like the twentieth group to a table. I was walking back to the front desk to seat the next group and retrieve more menus, when my eyes landed on the newest bunch to walk in. It was a group of four, two men and two women, but one of them in particular caught my eye.

She had to be at least 6 foot, which is a lot considering I'm 5 '4, the pale woman was wearing a rolled up black button up with all black pants and shoes to match. Her wavy wolf cut was to her shoulders and she had various tattoos littering her hands, arms, and neck with different types of gold jewelry around her body. By the time my eyes trailed back up to her face her eyes were already on me.

I quickly cleared my throat and bent under the desk to retrieve four menus. My face was definitely the brightest shade of red you can think of.

"I have a table down this way please follow me," I quickly said while walking down the busy carpeted restaurant. What type of event even is this?

My thoughts quickly came to a halt when Mr. Zho pulled me to the side. "Excuse her for a second, Ms. Breaux, can I have a word?" He questioned while he nodded at one of the guests behind me.

"They're the ones who set this whole thing up-"He quickly whispered.
"Wait I thought you didn't know-" I cut him off, "-Not important I have a reserved table for them in the middle of the restaurant it's the circular table with the reserved card on the top, I'll handle all the other guests, you just wait their table for now, Ethan and Camilla are here to help." He whispered back to me. Before I could muster up a reply, he did a shoo motion towards me and lightly pushed me back to the main walkway.

"Sorry about that, how's everyone doing this morning?" I said while locating the center table, I heard a few goods and nodded in return. As I approached the table I noticed the velvet red sheet draped over it, the other tables have a slightly lighter red so I was confused at the subtle detail. The table had a small lit candle on top of it and a card. I glanced over at the folded reserved card on top of it.

Reserved
——
Caspers

Is that their actual last name? I pushed the thought aside and moved to the side so they could sit down.

"My name is Mariah, and i'll be your waiter and cook this morning," I said enthusiastically as I handed each of them menus, avoiding eye contact with a certain someone.

"Can I get you guys started off with any drinks?" I asked, looking around the table. The older woman immediately spoke, "I'll have a Martini please." she said, putting down the menu with a slight smile.

The older man in the black suit spoke after, "Beer?" he questioned. "Yes we do, so I have a Martini and a Beer, and for you two?" The last part came out as a whisper, but it wasn't intentional, I didn't know what was wrong with me.