31

NOVAS POV

I stared blankly at the red light through the tinted Rolls Royce window. My dad informed me of a dire meeting we had today in the city at one of the many restaurants we had as a "meeting place."

If I remember correctly, this was a "matter of urgency which involved an immediate act in response to the situation."

This leads me to where I am now. In my dads Rolls Royce as we head to solve this "matter of urgency."

"You seem in deep thought." He said, slightly glancing at me.

"I wasn't informed of any further details regarding the situation, so I was giving myself some possible insight." I said blankly.

"You'll understand when we get there," He replied, as we continued down the familiar street.

I never understood the secrecy surrounding anything mafia related.

It's like everyone who understood the vague undertones never told anyone else about it, even if it was crucial.

"Remember, it's all a part of the job." He added, before pulling in the back of the discrete restaurant. "Now come on, let's solve these matters once and for all."

As he got out of the car I couldn't help but wonder what he meant by once and for all.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when he knocked on the window next to me. "Let's go." He mouthed peering in.

I exited the car and began walking behind him inside the building.

Once we arrived in the dimly lit building my dad nodded at one of the workers before he followed us to a closed off room within the restaurant.

Being a widely known mafia has its perks, like having business rooms in random places.

Once we made it to the room my dad and I sat at the table.

"Can we discuss business in a different setting next time?" I asked as a worker placed down the menu in front of us.

It's like we always were at restaurants. I would honestly rather place a huge table in the forest and discuss plans there.

"I noticed it too, next meeting is out of state anyways, we'll have a different place." He replied, taking a sip of water.

"What's the problem?" I finally asked, cutting to the chase.

He stared at me blankly, not bothering to answer the question. "How about we discuss that later? Let's talk about you." He said smiling.

This was odd.

Really odd.

And completely out of character.

Noticing the confusion plastered on my face he spoke, "What I can't ask about my daughter's life now?"

"If it's about Mariah I dont have anything to say-"

"Morning boss," A deep voice said and I immediately turned my head watching as two suited guards approached our table.

"Morning," The other guard said, nodding.

They stood directly in front of our table and faced away from us.

He got security?

It wasn't odd or anything, he has security all the time. There's a lot of people in New York after my father.

He is a really popular guy after all.

I was just confused on why we needed security in our own section, it was already heavily guarded, but in the actual section?