44

"I need an interview with Nova for real." Ethan said wiping down the final table, the streaks of water prominent under the lighting.

"Even if Mr. Zho wasn't on the verge of death I still wouldn't have let you." I said, stacking the menus up.

"How are you getting home today?" Camilla questioned.

"Nova," I replied, trying to contain my excitement.

Something about seeing her just made me so happy.

Ethan nodded his head, "Great, i'll speak to her as soon as she gets here." he said, and I rolled my eyes.

"It was nice working with you again, i'm going to head out though, do we know who's locking up?" Camilla asked, grabbing her coat and bag.

"I could." I easily volunteered, mainly because it wasn't a problem.

"Actually?" Ethan asked, halting his actions, and I nodded my head.

But before I knew it he quickly rushed to the door, "Im gone then, bye!" he said exiting the restaurant completely.

Camilla turned to face me,"I want you to know I was halfway out the door already, so me leaving right now isn't me trying to be funny." She clarified and I chuckled.

"I know, see you tomorrow."

Camilla gave me a short wave goodbye and I gathered all of my belongings getting ready to lock up. This honestly might have been the fastest I've ever locked the restaurant up, I couldn't wait to see Nova.

It made me wonder if this is how it would be when the event was over.

Once I was finished with everything inside I exited through the back door, locking it and heading to the front.

I tried to hide the growing smile on my face when I noticed Nova leaning against her car, "I thought you were coming through the front." she said, standing up fully as I approached.

She grabbed my waist, "We lock it from the inside." I responded, planting a kiss on her lips. But before I could fully pull away, she guided me back to her, deepening the kiss.

Her lips felt so warm and soft against mine, and I completely melted into the kiss. Butterflies swirled around in my stomach, knowing that this is what i've been waiting for all day.

Shortly after Nova broke away from the kiss. "I got you something." she said keeping me in her hold.

"Oh really?" I questioned in a teasing tone.

She hummed, letting go of me to open her car door. Anticipation swirled around me as I watched her lean in her car, grabbing whatever it is she got me.

And when my eyes fell upon the beautiful bouquet in her hand, my jaw dropped. My eyes scanned the array of the gorgeous flowers, from the white roses to the green flower buds, it was absolutely beautiful.

And the dark green and gold wrapping paper seemed to tie it together wonderfully.

"This is..." I trailed off being at a loss of words.

"Hold it, I got you something else," she added, motioning the bouquet towards me.

I took it from her hands wondering what else she could have possibly got me, she leaned in the car once more and pulled out a small velvet box.

It was definitely too big to be another piece of jewelry.

"I assume you're not proposing?" I joked, grabbing the box from her hand.

A small smirk broke out on her lips, "Not yet." she replied and a small blush creeped on my cheeks, just imagining it.

I pushed the thought aside, opening the box and the sweet scent immediately filled my nose as I looked down at the chocolate strawberries lined in the box. "You got me chocolate covered strawberries?" I questioned.