7

Amos told me this level was reserved so I didn't want to open any random door that wasn't my designated room. So here I was sitting at the kitchen island on a stool, staring at the view of the city. Amos didn't tell me how long Nova would take but I was hoping she'd be up here soon.

Like my wishes were granted I heard the elevator ding, I assume that was Nova. My suspicions were confirmed when I instantly heard her dress shoes clicking across the gray wooden floor and waited for her to be in my line of sight.

Her usual slightly fluffy hair looked messy with some strands sticking together and her forehead was faintly glistening. As she was approaching the kitchen island she spoke, "I'm sorry about that, it was not my intention for that to happen."
"It's fine, it really is." I gave her a slight smile, and for a split second I thought I saw her jaw tense up.

"You didn't unpack your belongings up here yet?" She asked me looking at the bag of luggage next to the island.

"I didn't know which room you wanted me to be staying in, I didn't want to make assumptions." I explained to her. She took a step back and peered into the hallway with the 3 doors.

"The one directly across the elevator," She told me as she turned back to look at me. We held each other's stares for a few seconds before she spoke again.

"I'm on floor 5 if you need me, if anything is wrong, retrieve Amos." She informed me while beginning to walk out. Something in me didn't want her to go, I didn't want her to leave.

"Nova." I suddenly blurted out, What was I doing?!

Before I knew it Nova had stopped dead in her tracks.

I didn't even know why I stopped her, part of me wanted her to stay with me.

"Goodnight" I said but it came out more like a whisper.

"Goodnight Ms. Breaux." She said before walking away from my line of sight completely.

Shortly after I heard the elevator ding and that's when I knew she was really gone.

I remained seated at the island a few minutes after, trying to take in the interaction that had just occurred.

Being around Nova just...

I shook my head then got up from the stool I was sitting on. I reached down, grabbed my luggage then made my way to the room that I would be staying in. When I approached the door I looked around the handle to see if it needed any sort of key to unlock it, and to my surprise it didn't. I guess it's only on the third floor rooms.

As soon as I opened the door my jaw dropped. I didn't know how this room managed to be bigger than the last but I was in pure shock.

The first thing I noticed were the huge floor to ceiling windows that gave a better view of the city than the last room did. As I began scanning the room more, I spotted what seemed to be at least a queen sized bed.

The bed had a gray rug under it with nightstands on either side. This place was crazy. The room had an amazing wrap around desk, A walk in closet and the largest bathroom I had ever seen. I needed an extended stay after seeing this.

I successfully unpacked everything for the second time and finally got settled into my room.
Hopefully this is the last time.

I walked over to my bed and got under the thick white blanket.

Feeling completely drained after everything that went down today.

My eyes instantly jolted open when I heard a knock on my door. I turned around to grab my phone of the nightstand and check the time.