42

Eight whole days.

I had eight whole days before everything was finalized.

And although I wasn't necessarily dreading it like I used to. It was definitely on my mind as the days seemed to fly by me.

The past couple of days since the party have been mostly uneventful. I haven't really seen Donovan since the party and I've been on my regular work flow since then.

Which was good...

I've... just been wanting to spend more time with Nova.

Which I know is unrealistic most of the time since she has stuff she has to do, like sit in two hour long meetings and go to different places with her dad, and so did I.

Well mines was a bit more tame than what she did. But for the most part we both have lives outside of our relationship.

I did miss her though.

I jotted down dimensions and possible ideas for what I was going to do for the spacious backyard, which was where the event was going to be.

I needed a plan for tables, I needed to account for how much space will be used along with where the guests would be. My main focus was to make it as open but as accessible as possible.

Which was creating a bit of a challenge for me, but I knew I'd figure it out.

I was hopeful that the event would run according to plan.

Everything would be good, as long as nobody dies or anything. And the chances of that happening are extremely low.

I hope.

But the thought was quickly pushed out of my mind when an idea for a potential table arrangement popped into my head, and when it did I immediately went to write it down in my notebook.

But as my pen was gliding across the lined paper I felt something suddenly grab my shoulders, making my pen leave an unintentional mark.

And shortly after I began getting smothered in tiny kisses.

A giggle fell from my lips, "Nova you made me mess up!" I said in between my laughs.

"Hm?" she hummed, continuing to place kisses all around my face.

"Nova!" I called out once again. A gasp fell from my lips when she suddenly picked me up, throwing me over her shoulder.

Shortly after she began running away from the area I was previously in, and I noticed the quickly approaching grass. Soon enough she was running across the patterned grass, slowly laying me down in the soft area.

A laugh left my lips when she laid down on the grass next to me, "You can run really fast, you're playing with the wrong fire." I joked.

"What do you mean?" she questioned turning to face me.

"It means you need to run with the olympic torch instead of murdering people." I explained the light joke.

"If only," she trailed off, and shortly after a silence grew over us as she tried to catch her breath.

"What have you been up to?" I questioned, mainly because she's been gone since last night and it was past two already.

"I was in New Orleans on murdering people business." she breathed out, replying to my question.

"Are you tired?" I asked, knowing that it was a red eye flight.

"Only a little, I'm ready to eat a fourteen course meal, plus one." she said and I couldn't help but feel confused.