12

My feet were planted into the ground as I completely took the scene in.

Behind the gate on one of the courts was Nova and the girl who was on my floor earlier.

I listened carefully when I heard a giggle escape her lips and I watched as she dropped the basketball from her hands. She then put her hand on Nova's chest and leaned up to kiss her.

I just wasn't expecting Nova to kiss back.

My stomach immediately churned as I watched the whole scene play out. From her grabbing Nova's face with her other hand, to Nova pulling her in by her waist, I felt nauseous.

I quickly turned on my heel to walk away from the horrific sight.

"Ms. Breaux?"

I paused in my tracks when I looked up and noticed Amos standing in front of me.

"Hey... I was looking for you." I said with my voice trembling, I was trying so hard not to cry again.

"Is everything okay?" He asked me, I could tell he had concern painted all over his face.

"Yeah, could you get a driver to take me in the city? I need some time to myself." It felt like there was a lump in my throat as I was trying to fight back the tears.

"I would need to get Nova's permission in order to get you a driver." Amos said, softening his gaze.

He had to know.

He must of realized she was out here.

"Do you also need Novas permission for me to walk to the city?" I said as I felt the irritation grow in my tone.

"I'm not-"

"Actually you know what? It's fine Amos, It really is." I said walking past him toward the front of the estate.

I crossed my arms over my chest as I speedily walked through the massive backyard. I don't even know why my feelings were hurt, I couldn't even say I didn't see this coming. I uncrossed one of my arms and brung my hand up to my face to wipe the tear that trailed down my face.

I barely known Nova for a couple days, so I shouldn't be feeling like this. I paused my thoughts when I made it to the front of the estate and noticed the suited men standing in front of the black SUV.

One made direct eye contact with me before opening the backseat door. I slowly walked over toward the guy until he spoke.

"Ms. Breaux?" The suited man questioned.

"...yes?" I trailed off.

"Ms. Casper said that you needed a ride into the city." He told me.

Did Amos tell Nova about the ride?I definitely thought she would have said no.

"I- uhm." I stammered, looking into the backseat, hesitating.

Why was i hesitating?

I ended up climbing into the dark SUV and put my seatbelt on as the man closed the door behind me.

Soon after I was being driven off of the massive property and I couldn't wait to get away from it all.

I stepped out of the car when it came to a stop in front of my apartment. It felt like I hadn't seen it in a decade. I thanked the driver and walked toward the familiar brick building.

Once the car drove away, I backtracked and started heading in the direction towards the bodega.

I was not lying about that sandwich.