48

What is a family? For Taehyung it was just a name, nothing else. He has seen a lot of families in his life, some were happy, some were pretending to be one and some were in so much trouble. His own so-called family was one of them, there was anything but love, affection for each other.

Taehyung never got to experience what an actual family feels like, what's it's like to be a part of one. But when he was forced to get into a certain house by a very certain boy and also his parents' insistence, he felt odd. They were acting like he was part of this family from the beginning. And the warm smile on Jungkook's face was making him forget about his past, he barely could remember his own name.

"Please take a seat, Mr. Kim. The dinner will be served soon." Said by Mr. Jeon who gestured Taehyung to sit on a chair, when he shifted his gaze at the younger boy beside him Taehyung couldn't do anything against those eyes' will.

At this point Taehyung doesn't even think he has his own wish or will, everything he will do Jungkook will be the reason behind it. He will do anything the boy will just signal him to do.

Without saying anything Taehyung silently settled himself on the chair, keeping his calm face as he watched Jungkook running towards his parents only to hurry them to bring the dishes as soon as possible. Taehyung couldn't even realize when his lips curled up, capturing a small smile. Jungkook was looking like a master chef ordering around his workers.

After quite a moment of hustle, all the dishes were perfectly placed on the dining table, Jungkook along with his parents were also sitting on the chairs. The boy, who was sitting next to Taehyung, tilted his head to look at the man with eyes full of curiosity.

"Professor? You don't like them?" When the question was asked, Taehyung was brought back to reality. How can he not like something that came from Jungkook?

"I don't know what you like, if you want something else I can cook it right now." When Mrs. Jeon said those words with her gentle voice, Taehyung couldn't understand what he's supposed to say. He was never in this kind of situation.

Jungkook was the first one who had the chance to eat with him, his own parents didn't even eat meals with him when they were alive. He spent his life eating each meal all by himself. Now how is he supposed to react? He doesn't have any clue.

"Mom, professor likes egg rolls! When I cooked it, professor said he liked it!" Jungkook chirps without realizing what he was saying as his face lit up. Upon hearing him his parents got dumbfounded but soon pulled themselves together when they understood everything very clearly and there was Taehyung with a poker face.

"You can cook egg rolls, sweetheart?" When the question was asked by Mr. Jeon, Jungkook's face brightened up even more as he opened his mouth again.

"Yes, dad! First time it was salty but it kept on getting better and better. Right, professor!?" Tilting his head, Jungkook flashed the man a big grin, sparkling eyes waiting for a satisfying answer. And Taehyung had no power against them which led him to slightly nod his head as he hummed.

"Let us have a taste sometime. Don't be so unfair to us."

"Alright, dad! I'll do it next weekend!!"

"Thank you, master chef." Jungkook lets out a giggle upon hearing his dad.

"Stop talking now and eat. We have a guest, did you two forget that?" Saying sorry in unison both Mr. Jeon and his son got busy having their dinner. Taehyung took a moment to catch them up. After leaving the orphanage, Taehyung only ate what he cooked. After a decade and a few years, he could eat something cooked by someone else and it was Jungkook.

And now, he was eating that boy's parents' cooking. Why does it feel so weird to him? As if he has a family or something. He paused on his track for a moment when a piece of meat was placed on his plate by the boy sitting next to him. When he shifted his gaze at him, he was welcomed with a warm smile which destroyed him fully.