Chapter 38 - Did You Two Have Sex?

A/N: I don't own anyone but my OC's….though I wished I owned the rest….*sighs*

"Okay where were you last night?"

Derek stared hard at Scott. Brooklyn was sitting on the edge of the bed with one leg swinging and brushing along the floor. She decided to let the werewolf do the talking as he seemed to instill some sort of intimidating presence over the new werewolf.

"I was at home sleeping," Scott repeated for the second time.

"Are you sure about that?" Brooklyn added. "Because when you're a wolf you don't always remember what happens."

"Well I remembered trying to help that bus driver," Scott protested. "Remember? It was the Alpha that attacked him!"

"Only because Derek pretty much held your hand to help you reach that point."

"Why are you interrogating me? What did I supposedly do this time?"

Brooklyn and Derek traded looks before she stood and hovered over the agitated teen. His heart was racing as he was becoming irritated with the Inquisition.

"Calm down," Derek placed a firm hand on his shoulder. "We just want answers."

"Look we may have a problem Scott," Brooklyn finally admitted. "Last night I saw something…."

"What do you mean something?"

"It was a werewolf," her eyes flickered with amber specks.

"How can you be sure?" Scott shot up. "Are you sure it wasn't Derek?"

"It wasn't," she shook her head. "If had been we wouldn't be sitting here having this discussion now would we?"

Stiles bit his nails as his knee bounced sporadically. He watched as the hunter shortly paced around. The hollow grey eyes were locked in an unreadable expression as Derek simply stared at Scott.

"I wasn't in the woods last night. Look I can prove it," he fished out his phone and showed the photo of him and Allison out on a group date with Jackson and Lydia.

"Well that settles it," Brooklyn studied the photo. "We have another one on the loose."

"Another one? Like another werewolf like Scott and Derek? Or like the Alpha?" Stiles bit harder on his nails.

"I don't know," Brooklyn sighed. "If it was the Alpha we're tracking it would've tried to kill me but this one didn't. It toyed with me, chasing me until I was back in the parking lot."

"Just what we need!" Scott flung his hands up in frustration.

"Look, maybe this one wants to be left alone. I mean the Alpha's bringing some seriously bad publicity for you guys," Brooklyn looked between Derek and Scott.

"She's right," Derek agreed. "If this werewolf wanted to make its presence known like the Alpha has it would've attacked or done something by now."

"Look I know it's the last thing any of us wanted right now," she ran her hands through her hair. "But if this new player stays low it could be that it wants the Alpha gone too. So I say we continue looking for the Alpha but in the mean time…."

She pointed at Scott, "You need to figure out how to keep Jackson off your ass."

"Leave him to me," Derek shook his head.

"Don't kill him okay?" She closed her eyes and shook her head lightly.

"I won't," he promised.

"If we're gonna do any killing it's gonna be either against the Argents or the Alpha…..Preferably both."