Chapter 15 - A Jock, A Hunter, & Two Teens

Jackson headed out the door, ready for another rather fulfilling night with Lydia. The game was tomorrow and there was no way in Hell Scott McCall was going to show him up! He was so close to finding out what Scott was doing to improve his game in such dramatic fashion until he was caught. He knew the woman had something to do with it, she had to!

His thoughts kept him preoccupied as he didn't see Brooklyn relaxed against his car. It wasn't until Jackson looked up and saw her standing there.

"Hey get off my car!"

Brooklyn simply stared at him. Her expression never wavered or indicated any hint of change as the enraged teen stormed towards her.

Yep pretty boy…..Ugly attitude…..

"Are you deaf? Get off my car!"

"I heard you the first time," Brooklyn smirked. "I don't take orders from over privileged pretty boys who are compensating for something."

"You're that woman from the parking lot."

"Quite the astute one," she nodded. "Listen, Jackson, is it? I don't know what you're trying to prove but whatever it is you're wrong."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"So what would you call sneaking around and following me? I would call it stalking myself."

"What do you want? I don't have to listen to some lower class…."

Brooklyn reached out and slammed the taller teen against the side of his car. Jackson was stunned, unable to speak as she pinned her forearm against his chest.

"Now you listen to me you sanctimonious, insecure brat," she got within the teen's face. Jackson's eyes widened at the hunter's strength. "You may think you can push people around because you have money to throw around but I can see right through you. So I'm gonna say this politely one time: Leave Scott and Stiles alone."

Brooklyn released Jackson then quietly took a step back. She watched as he absently rubbed the place where her arm was pressed against his chest. The hunter hoped the teen would take her warning seriously and avoid the two but suspected otherwise. She retrieved the ring and studied in the light before tossing it over.

"Here, you forgot this," he caught the ring with ease. As she turned to walk away, the hunter's vision blurred as her head started spinning like a violent wind. Brooklyn grasped the sides of her head and fought to stay standing but felt her knees begin to buckle then give way. Her body crumpled into a ball of shivering flesh and clothing on the damp dark sidewalk. The marks on the back of her neck burned deeper into her body, bleeding through the thick square that dared to cover them.

Jackson watched as Brooklyn rolled back and forth upon the concrete, making no effort to off her aid. What if she had something contagious? What if she was a mental case? He stepped backwards and around his car, putting distance between him and the hunter. The car sped away leaving Brooklyn to suffer on the quiet dim street. It felt as if her entire body was being engulfed by the very flames of Hell!

What the Hell's happening to me!

Her heart raced to the brink of threatening to burst from her chest as she struggled against the searing pain that washed over her body. Her hand went around the back of her neck and found the marks to be scorching like the desert sun. The pain coursed throughout her body, paralyzing every nerve and fiber it scorched. Her breathing turned shallow and rapid and felt as if every breath she took would be her last. Brooklyn felt something warm and wet plaster her shirt against her skin as beads of sweat poured over her back and arms. Did she have a fever? Were the marks infected! Was she going to die?