Chapter 19 - Freedom

Brooklyn moved with the fluid motion of the crowd, knowing Argent was around. She had dressed in a heavier jacket with her coppery hair tucked neatly under her hat. She was feeling better now that the fever that had gripped her body had been vanquished once and for all. The hunter decided to take a seat on highest bench she could, hoping to keep an eye out for anything unusual or rather any certain hunters. The steamy cup of coffee was nestled in her hands, warming them nicely against the cool fall night.

Her thoughts went back and forth between the shell she found and what she found at Derek's house. Markus had yet to get back with her but she was patient. Years of hunting and training had ingrained the trait into her being as sometimes one had to get dirty when digging for gold. Her sharp eyes continued scanning the growing sea of faces as family and friends of players began to converge. Brooklyn spotted Argent followed by his daughter, Allison, and a red haired girl she had never seen before.

Argent took his seat beside Allison, unaware of Brooklyn's presence. His foe had been lying low ever since she pummeled Brian in the parking lot of the hotel. Then again, Brian was getting slow and falling out of step. He knew Derek continued to rot in jail but for how long was the question. Once Hale was released he would have to deal with both the hunter and werewolf again. He came with Allison to show his support for his daughter's growing relationship with Scott McCall, but also was on the lookout for anything suspicious.

Brooklyn kept one eye on Argent and the other on Scott as the game began. She caught the taller form of Jackson racing towards him from mid field.

Awww….The princess is pissed…..

She snorted in her coffee before taking another drink. The kid was going to be a pain in her side as she had dealt with individuals like him. But his kind always wound up dead. Her eyes went further down to where Stiles was anxiously watching on the bench. His head darted back and forth like a frightened bird scanning for predators. The opposite team was up two to nothing as Allison slumped in her seat. The red haired girl held up a sign urging Allison to join in. She caught the reluctance in the brunette as she glumly held up part of the oversized paperboard.

This is gonna go over well….

The referee blew the whistle for another face off. Scott caught the banner Allison held up as did Stiles.

"Brutal," Stiles cringed. He saw the reaction written on Scott's face knowing the fuse had been lit. Brooklyn had caught the pained expression as well and instinctively patted the gun hidden in her coat.

This is not going to be good…..

She knew Stiles was thinking the same thing she was as he glanced back up to where the hunter sat. Brooklyn locked eyes with the teen and wearily nodded before going back to the game. Scott was hunched over as if he were ill. But Stiles and Brooklyn knew exactly what was going on. Her heart starting beating harder as the dangerous blend of caffeine and adrenaline slowly fused through her veins. Her eyes nervously shifted back to Argent who was leaned over whispering something at his daughter. Did he know something was up!

The hunter caught movement as Jackson halted and watched Scott.

Great…..Just what we freaking need!

The opposing player positioned behind him slowly started backing away which alarmed the hunter from where she sat. This wasn't going to end well.

Argent watched the teen as he nodded he was alright then the referee dropped the ball and whistled for the game to start. Brooklyn found herself biting her nails as the coffee had been depleted from the cup. She silently wished Derek was here.