Chapter 27 - Fenris

Stiles drummed his fingers on the chemistry book as he aimlessly chewed his pencil. It had turned into a rather nasty habit of sorts as he did when he was nervous. Unfortunately that had been all the time as of recently.

"Hey Gilligan!"

The teen jumped up and stared wide eyed at the hunter. Brooklyn stood with hands planted firmly on her hips as a playful smiled crossed her lips.

"What the Hell are you doing sneaking in like that? You scared the Hell out of me! Haven't you heard of a doorbell or know how to knock? Don't they do that in Phoenix?"

"I have heard of a doorbell and yes I know how to knock. But this is way more fun."

"Is this how you get your kicks? By stalking me like some kind of crazed chick? No wait, that's not bad! That's not bad right?"

"Gilligan you're stuttering again," the hunter's smile dropped.

"Sorry," he muttered. Stiles couldn't believe he agreed to help Brooklyn but then again he could. Anything to be near the dangerous beauty was worth the risk in his book. At least she gave him the time of day unlike certain others.

The hunter flopped down on the bed making herself comfortable.

"So what did you find out? And don't even say you went on Wikipedia or Google because if you did so help me Stiles I will slap you."

"Is that a threat or a promise?"

"Both if you're not careful," she pointed at the teen. "So now what did you find out? Did you do what I asked?"

"Yeah," he grabbed his phone and pulled up the web clip he found.

"Lycanthrope comes from the Greek myth Lycan, King of Arcadia, who was renowned for his cruelty and later transformed into a wolf by Zeus. A monster as punishment for his own monstrous actions. By lycanthrope is just another name for werewolf."

Brooklyn looked over as Stiles looked up at her with a curious stare.

"The half wolf legend with appears in many different legends. Now contrary to some beliefs, the powers of the wolf aren't controlled by the moon but can be cultivated at will. They can possess incredible agility, run on all fours, and function as a biped."

"Okay so this is what you found? Some college professor who is stating the obvious?"

"Keep watching," he gestured at the screen.

"But I'm not referring to Lycanthropy, the mental condition where someone truly believes they are a wild animal but about werewolves."

Brooklyn raised an eyebrow as she heard the unseen crowd jeering and laughing at the man.

"If only those foolish bastards knew the truth," she shook her head sadly.

"Yeah well I tracked him down here in town," Stiles grinned from ear to ear.

"Not to be mean and rain on your parade Gilligan but we have the real thing…..Derek."

"There you go again," Stiles flung his hands up. "Do you like tormenting me? Is it some kind of twisted turn on for you?"

"No and no," she answered flatly. "But how do we know this guy is someone we can turn to? I mean you saw how he was ridiculed."

"Well if you would let me explain," he interrupted, "I saw all of his videos and his knowledge rivals yours and Derek's combined."

"Okay then what's his name?"

"His name was Doctor Conrad Havilland," Stiles explained. "But after this he changed his name to Conrad Fenris."