Chapter 89 - Surprises!

A/N: I don't own anyone but my OC's….though I wished I owned the rest….*sighs*

*After many chapters of being kept apart…

Derek reached his old house and didn't waste a moment barging through the door. He knew Brooklyn was inside along with her guardian. Her scent grew thicker and harder to resist the closer he approached. His mate's body was giving off powerful hormones and pheromones that drove the wolf mad with lust and sexual rage. Derek knew it would be hard to control the urge to have her in front of the older hunter but he would have to do his best.

Markus heard the door pushing open and instantly reached for his gun. As he was half way off the chair his body relaxed when he saw the intruder.

"Derek," he whispered in shock. It was like he was seeing a ghost. Derek observed the blood draining from the hunter's face as he crossed the threshold and looked down at the sleeping figure on the bed.

"How…."

"Doesn't matter now," the werewolf vaguely replied.

"Do the Argents…."

"No," he shook his head and reached out with a shaky hand towards Brooklyn's face and let his fingers slide across her cheek. God how he missed her touch, her scent, and face! His hand traveled down to her lower body and let it rest. Several short swift twitches greeted him making his face lighten with a faint smile.

"Hello Laura," he whispered unaware she was carrying another.

"I can leave you two," Markus crossed the room and clasped his hand on the werewolf's shoulder. "She missed you dearly."

"I know," Derek nodded. Markus collected the gun and made his way out towards the front door. Derek continued tracing his fingers lightly over her skin, feeling the minute sparks wherever they touched. His body had healed though his muscles were sore as if the Argents had used him as a living speed bump with a Mack truck.

"Brook," he whispered. The hunter stirred and slowly her eyes fluttered open. Her vision focused on the figure looming over and taking shape in the form of her missing mate.

"Derek…."

The werewolf smiled and nodded his head but said nothing.

"This is a dream; a cruel cold dream….." The disbelief filled her voice and stung Derek's ears.

"It's not," his hand extended over hers and felt the warmth spilling between them. He leaned in eager to taste the full pouty lips that haunted him while at the mercy of Kate. Derek wanted to erase the vile visions, forgetting she had placed but a single finger upon his flesh.

Brooklyn ran her hands over his face and neck finding this was no night terror but really Derek!

"I've missed you so much!"

Derek held her face gingerly in his hands and pressed his forehead onto hers. He could hear her heart racing in her chest and sense the change in her aura as her mind finally acknowledged Derek was home! Brooklyn covered his shaky hands with her smaller ones as their eyes exchanged every emotion that words couldn't. Derek's eyes softly glowed sharp cerulean as the hunter felt the heat slowly fanning throughout her body. She needed to feel the werewolf's naked flesh pressed hard against hers; to feel him claiming and marking her.

"I need you," he growled and hungrily devoured her mouth with his. His tongue shoved into her mouth, greedily sweeping across the hot damp but soft interior. Their tongues wrapped around each other, caught up in a passionate yet desperate dance. Derek inhaled the thick blanket of arousal that swirled around his lover and beckoned the wolf.