Chapter 20 - Dreams

Brooklyn slept an uneasy sleep as the dream invaded her mind.

Her heart pounded as she charged deeper into the woods. The howling was growing stronger behind her as she leapt over twigs and fallen trees, careful to avoid the ravines around her. She knew it could hear her heartbeat but she had to find shelter. Something! Anything! But all that surrounded her were trees for as far as her limited vision could see. It was moonless night which only made it harder for her but for the creature it made no difference.

The muscles in her legs ached as the flames of pain licked every fiber they could reach. The adrenaline was kicking in but not fast enough to quell the pain. Her chest heaved as her lungs screamed for air. Sweat trickled across her brow and neck. She knew it only strengthened her scent for the creature to follow.

Well come and get me….

She pushed off the tree she had braced against and charged through the clearing. But her delay was all the creature needed to close the gap between them. The clawed hand grabbed the hunter around the ankle and violently pulled her to the ground. She clawed at the ground but it slipped through her fingers as her screams went unheard. Her body was flipped over until she was flat on her stomach forcing the air from her lungs.

The ripping sounds made her panic as the damp cool air rushed over her exposed legs and torso. Her body tensed and muscles locked as she battled against her attacker. Two powerful hands lifted her hips off the forest floor as a hard pressure invaded her body. Animalistic grunts filled the night air as she relented and felt her body accept the thick warmth. Her fingers dug into the mud as the familiar warmth pooled in her lower torso, coiling tensely like a spring.

"God…." She panted hard which only excited the one behind her. The new scent teased its senses as her body tightened then surrendered to the powerful call. Sharp teeth lightly nipped at her neck and shoulder, careful not to break her skin. It was better this way….With her being a human but claimed as its own. She was helpless against it, readily giving it what it wanted: Her body. But it had more than a simple physical connection: They shared a deep invisible bond that couldn't be shattered by anything.

She heard the howl and felt her own wail of content dancing through trees.

It deeply inhaled the thick scent radiating from her body, knowing that only it caused such pleasure from her. It traced its thick hot tongue over the marks that were fading into five rose scars, remembering when those marks were made that night in the room.

The light moans coming from her snapped it back to reality and slowly it retreated allowing the other side to emerge.

She found herself atop a pile of leaves but felt the solid heat of him against her back. She rolled over and smiled lovingly at him. He caressed her cheek, smearing it with light streaks of mud across her skin. He leaned in yearning to taste her sweet lips to his.

"Hey," she whispered and kissed him again.

"I didn't hurt you this time did I?"

"No," she shook her head. "You've never hurt me….Not even when the wolf side takes over."

They always played this game when the need to mate called them both. She would race around the property letting him track her down until he caught her. But it wasn't always like that. The pair would make love, feeling their connection strengthen.

"What is it?" He tilted his head. She crooked a finger and flashed a wicked grin. He felt her legs lock around his waist as she pulled his naked body back on top of her.