Chapter 88 - Keeping the Bitch in Check

A/N: I don't own anyone but my OC's….though I wished I owned the rest….*sighs*

The big dance had finally arrived.

But Jackson was less than thrilled about it. The bottle of vodka was half way gone by the time he rolled up in his Porsche. Allison caught the dark sullen expression written across his face before took another long hard drink.

The blonde was licking his wounds after Brooklyn's rejection. The clear warmth was doing the job: Numbing his body and mind from the hurt he was experiencing. What did Derek Hale have that he didn't? He was athletic, handsome, and could give the hunter everything she wanted! He was the better choice!

"Want some?" He offered the glass bottle to Allison.

"No," she politely declined, "I want to remember this sober. Don't you?"

"No," he took another drink, "not really."

Allison slipped out as Jackson slipped out from the driver's side. The powder blue Jeep rolled up beside them. Stiles hurried out and opened the door for Lydia who was clearly impressed with his chivalrous gesture.

I would've preferred to bring Brooklyn…..

Jackson kept the thought to himself as he escorted his date up the steps and into the gym.

Brooklyn groaned and shifted on the bed. The teens were all at their formal leaving her alone for the night. Markus was making patrol around the property, knowing Peter was out there. She knew Peter would make tracks for the dance leaving the Argents to worry about. She had less than eight weeks to go but feared it would be sooner.

The shadow darted through the woods and came upon the Hale house. He knew Markus was patrolling the grounds which offered the perfect opportunity to make his move. The figure sprinted across the open grounds then leapt up over the short staircase. He looked around and listened for anything or anyone.

Convinced nothing was coming, he quietly crossed the threshold and into the entry way.

Brooklyn was sound asleep when the intruder quietly stepped inside. He closed the door and rounded the bed, sitting at the edge.

The hunter stirred and sensed someone was in the room. Her eyes flashed open at the figure hovering over her as she started to scream in alarm.

"Shhhh," Tyhurst covered her mouth. "It's me."

He backed away allowing Brooklyn to sit upright.

"What are you doing here?" Her greeting was cold like ice.

"I'm sorry," he blurted. "I'm sorry about everything."

"Isn't that too little too late?"

"Look, I know Derek's missing okay? I want to help you find him."

"How can I trust you? You're working with Kris."

"You can't," he admitted. "But I want to make things right with you. Please Brook…."

"Don't call me that! You lost that right a long time ago!"

Tyhurst winced at her harsh rejection but he deserved it. He had turned his back on her but he didn't do it intentionally. Argent was his best lead on the Alpha which meant he would have to betray one of the few people he truly trusted and cared about.

The hunter had regretted the day he shoved Brooklyn aside like common trash. His need for vengeance blinded him to the consequences of his choice. And now the chance to rectify his past sins had presented itself.