Chap 81 - Busted

A/N: I don't own anyone but my OC's….though I wished I owned the rest…*sighs*

Brooklyn and Jackson staggered through the woods as Scott continued clinging to life. The teen's breathing turned erratic and labored as the bullets' deadly contents seeped into his veins.

"Scott, stay with us okay? You can't give up on us now," Brooklyn secured her arm tighter around his waist. Jackson was silent but had to admit the hunter was tough even as she was pregnant and exhausted.

"Where are we going?"

"Somewhere safe," was all she answered. Ahead a light glowed in the distance, getting closer to the struggling trio. Brooklyn saw the smoke escaping Scott's wounds: Thin purplish grey ribbons that were carried into the night air.

"We need to hurry," she barked as Jackson picked up the slack. The light drew closer until it was shining in their faces.

"I'll take him," the deep masculine voice drawled.

Brooklyn was leaning against the wall with one foot planted up against the smooth surface. Jackson was seated in a chair, shocked over what he had witnessed in the woods. The vet plucked the bullets from Scott, briefly examining each one before dropping them in the pan.

"You're lucky you found him when you did," the vet looked over at Brooklyn.

"More like we're lucky you found us," she shook her head. "How did you know where to find us?"

"I have my contacts just the same as you," he smiled.

"Wait, you two know each other?"

Jackson spoke up in a shaky voice.

"More like I know her guardian, Markus," the vet looked over at Brooklyn then down at her protruding body. "Does Markus know?"

"Oh yeah," she nodded. "He wasn't thrilled about the late news but he couldn't exactly hear me now either."

"Does he know…."

"Yep," she heavily sighed.

"You'll get him back you know," the vet administered a clear liquid into Scott's veins.

"I'm gonna need help for that one," she lifted her head for the first time since arriving. "I won't be able to find Derek alone."

"Well those damned Argents sure know how to make life miserable for you don't they?"

"When have they not?"

"They really should know when to leave well alone."

"That would be like nailing Jell-o to a tree."

The vet chuckled and returned to tending to Scott. The teen's eyes rushed open as air poured into his lungs. Scott started coughing hard but Brooklyn wasn't concerned while Jackson's face was twisted in disbelief.

"How….."

"I administered something to help speed up the healing process."

Scott tried to sit up but the sharp jolt in his side made him instantly regret his actions.

"I wouldn't get up so soon if I were you," the vet chided lightly.

"Derek…Brooklyn…Jackson…"

"Brooklyn and Jackson are here and you are going to be alright."

He continued cleansing the wounds.

"Derek's missing Scott," Brooklyn broke the news. "I think Kate had something to do with it."