Chapter 22 - Ambush

Stiles pounded on the door then twisted the knob to find it was locked.

"Seriously? Where the Hell is she?"

He pounded harder and louder, hoping Brooklyn was there.

"Brooklyn!" He pummeled the door until a click and twist of the knob halted the neurotic teen from further pounding.

"What?" She clutched the towel tightly across her chest. Her hair clung around her neck and shoulders as her eyes stared charcoal daggers. Stiles found himself gawking at the hunter's scantily clad body, forgetting the reason he had arrived at her door.

"Earth to Gilligan! Where's the fire?"

"Uh…School….Bus….Attack…"

"I know," she opened the door allowing him in.

"How?"

The static and crackling from the police scanner caught Stiles' attention.

"That's how," she closed the door. "Now if you'll excuse me I have to get dressed."

The bathroom door shut with a strong bang leaving Stiles alone on the bed. A few seconds later Derek appeared through the door. Stiles caught the sharp glare of the werewolf's green eyes as they bore holes into head as if the teen had encroached onto some unseen territory.

"What are you doing here?" His voice rumbled with a low warning.

"I…I…uh….Brooklyn….Bus….Attack…."

"Easy there Captain Adderall," Brooklyn reappeared dressed in a soft dark charcoal shirt with faded jeans that hugged her body in all of the right places. Her hair was still damp but Stiles couldn't but help to find the look hot on her.

"What did you find out?"

Derek crossed the room to where she stood and swept her mouth in a short but deep kiss. Stiles felt his mouth drop at the sight of the werewolf and hunter swapping spit. When the Hell did this happen?!

Brooklyn exhaled as she felt like her very breath had been taken away.

"Hi to you too," she smiled.

"A bus driver was attacked last night."

"Did they say what attacked him?"

"No but I saw the bus and it had to be the Alpha."

"Scott thinks he did it," Stiles shot up frantically waving his hands. "He said he had this dream about killing Allison on a bus!"

"Maybe you should deal with Scott," Brooklyn knew Derek could get through to him better than she could. "I'll see what I can find out about the driver okay?"

He nodded his head.

"Right," he leaned in stealing one more kiss before heading off to intercept Scott.

"Okay what's that all about? Are you two like dating now? Or friends with benefits?"

"Stiles," Brooklyn gathered her laptop and other necessities in her bag, "You're just gonna have to keep on guessing now aren't you?"

She flicked his nose before stepping out. Stiles rubbed the bridge of his nose irritably and followed the hunter out.

Brian sat in the white SUV, watching as Brooklyn and Stiles hopped in her car. She was clearly distracted by something as the Charger rolled onto the street. He wanted nothing more than to make Brooklyn Ravenwood suffer. Earlier the hunter spied Derek Hale taking off from Brooklyn's room.

"Yeah," he answered his phone.

"Update."

"Derek Hale left her room about 10 minutes ago."