Chapter 85 - Anger

A/N: I don't own anyone but my OC's…though I wished I owned the rest….*sighs*

Tears streamed down Brooklyn's cheeks as she ran her hand over and around her stomach. They weren't her tears but rather the result of Derek's afflictions courtesy of Kate. But her own sorrow was blended in the tightness that fiercely gripped her chest and throat. She had to be strong but her situation was turning bleaker by the passing hour.

"Kate will pay," she whispered into the air. The sharp jolt made her slightly wince as the hunter knew it was her daughter.

"Yes," she whispered with a thin dangerous smile, "She will pay."

"Perfect," Markus snatched the overstocked ring of keys from the sheriff's pants.

"Whoa what are you doing?" Stiles watched as the hunter headed for the cells.

"As I told you before," the hunter didn't stop as he reached the heavy steel door. "My daughter is locked up and I am getting her out. I mean do we really have to go over this again?"

"You if you were to have long red hair and a sweet set I would've sworn….."

The hunter halted his stride and spun around on his heels. Stiles caught the annoyed glare searing from his steel blue rings. The teen gulped as the older man towered over him.

"Oh boy…..Sorry I said sweet set….." His voice squeaked as his skin turned red and ears burned.

"That is my daughter you're so colorfully describing," he warned.

"Got it," Stiles nodded, "No describing any parts concealed by clothing. Yeah, she definitely was raised by you."

"Stiles….."

"Sorry," he shrank back slightly.

"Let's go," Markus picked up his pace like he had never stopped. The annoyance lingering in his cool British accent as he casually strolled out the door.

Brooklyn heard the door clicking then swinging open. She figured it was the sheriff or one of his deputies or even that pathetic public defender. The hunter could defend herself after watching one episode of Matlock!

"Whatever you want I'm not going to say anything."

"Brooklyn," her eyes flashed wide as her head tilted to the left.

"Markus," she couldn't believe it. Her guardian was standing there holding the cell door open. Markus was relieved to see she was alright despite her sorry state and accommodations. Brooklyn started to get up but he was immediately there with an arm around her waist.

"Oh no," he assisted her up. Brooklyn wrapped her arms as best she could around her guardian, happy to see him there. Markus kissed the top of her head in a fatherly fashion then pulled back to get a better look at her.

"How long have you been in here?"

"A few days," she had given up count. "But Kate has Derek!"

"Kate Argent?"

"Beacon Hills' own sociopath," Brooklyn couldn't hold back the rising tide. "But that's not all! Derek's uncle is the Alpha!"

"I thought he was in a long term care facility?"

"No," she shook her head. "He spent six years healing and in a coma but he's been put together again."

"This is not good," Markus realized the implications of Peter being the Alpha.

"The Argents are looking for him and Kris was here. He knows I'm pregnant."

"Which means he will try to come after you once he kills Peter," Markus wasn't about to let Argent hurt his daughter or grandchild. He didn't care if he or she was a hybrid as he would still love him or her as if he or she was his own.