Chapter 63 - MINE!

Danny was relieved to be out of the line of fire.

The longer he stayed at Stiles' house, the deeper the pointed heated stare bored into his head. Though he was thrilled at the free peep show courtesy of Stiles' cousin Miguel, it was Katherine that unnerved him.

Brooklyn watched from the window as Danny drove away, leaving Stiles alone with the hunter and werewolf.

"Well I guess my work here's done," Stiles pretended to yawn and stretch then rose from his chair. Brooklyn sensed an opportunity.

"OUCH!" The boot landed squarely below the tailbone, just above the crack of Stiles' ass. "What was that for?"

"You damn well know what," Brooklyn clenched her fists then uncurled them. Her leg lifted with uncanny reflex, planting the tip of the boot in the same spot with painful precision.

"You ever do anything like that again and next time it won't be your ass I'm kicking."

"But I thought you liked seeing Derek all hot and shirtless?"

"Yeah but not with you using him like a worm on a hook!"

"Well we know where the text came from," he meekly shrugged and smiled. Brooklyn and Derek weren't impressed by his choice of plan as they both stared him down. Stiles didn't understand that the hunter's protective instinct was stemming from being Derek's mate. In her eyes and mind, Danny had been sizing him up as a potential mate of his own.

"We should go," Brooklyn gathered her computer and books. "Before I do something I'll regret."

Stiles gulped loudly as he watched Derek open the door. Brooklyn started out expecting him to follow but Derek waited until she was out of range.

"Uh what are you doing?"

The werewolf approached like a predator trailing its prey. His hand shot out crippling Stiles by the neck as he smacked the teen's forehead against wall hearing a dull thud where bone met wood.

"Geez…..What the Hell….."

"You do something like that again…." He pointed a finger in his sternum then took his leave from the room.

"Did you have to do that?" Brooklyn turned the ignition.

"Yes."

The hunter put the car in gear then carefully slipped away towards the Hale property.

Kate continued scheming.

Her taste for pain was insatiable as she watched the flames dance amongst themselves in the charred prison of the fireplace. After seeing Brooklyn and Derek together, she had been plotting a way to herald more agony and heartache for the pair. The stun and run was but a brief appeasement for the hunter as it was a physical attack and not psychological which would leave deeper wounds.

A smile thinly swept along her lips as she continued devising her wicked scheme.

The adrenaline pulsed furiously through her veins as she slammed on the brakes in front of the house. The tension was growing thicker in the confined space of the vehicle as Brooklyn forced the deep but pained breaths. The jealousy and anger had morphed into the familiar hunger that burned in her lower body. The way Danny had fawned over the werewolf ignited the fire that now raged out of control.

Derek inhaled the invisible trails that led towards her, sparking his own need that had been quiet. They looked at one another knowing what the other needed.

"House…..Now," she grabbed her bag and sprinted to the house. Derek had no trouble catching up to her and gathering the hunter in his arms. The door was kicked shut as the werewolf charged up the stairs with Brooklyn holding tight. He knew she had been turned on watching him strip off the various but hideous shirts at Stiles' house; watching the fluid rippling of his arms chest and shoulders as the delicious thoughts had subconsciously danced through her mind.