Chapter 53 - Beckoning

A/N: I don't own anyone but my OC's….though I wished I owned the rest….*sighs*

Again you all have been nothing short of the absolute BEST! I am still in total awe of the support that has been shown for this non-slash fic!

The next day was a living Hell for Scott. It was the day of the chemistry exam and he couldn't focus on anything. Allison refused to talk him and even went to the extreme of moving two rows over just to make her point. Scott had refused to let her slip from his fingers and attempted to talk her but Harris had butted in.

Take your seat Mr. McCall

After he ripped the booklet open, Scott had begun to hallucinate. The questions faded away then materialized into taunting sentences and phrases.

When the moon is full, which of the following would you Scott:

Kill all your friends

Kill some of your friends

Kill none of your friends

You know it's only a matter of time Scott…..

His breathing had quickened to the point his chest was painfully constricting, cutting off any and all air. All around him the sounds of erasers rubbing on paper, phones vibrating, pens clicking and graphite on paper slowly chipped away at his sanity. Scott had burst from the room like a frightened deer, not hearing Harris or Stiles hollering after him. Stiles used his phone to track the teen down and caught up with him in the boys' locker room. There he saw Scott standing shirtless beneath a steady stream of ice. Love really did suck.

Stiles continued his taxing battle to keep Scott grounded and attempted to talk about the Alpha situation but Scott just wasn't hearing it. Lunch was proving to be more of torture for the heartbroken teen.

"I don't wanna hear about it okay? I have my own problems to deal with!"

"Oh yeah like dealing with a breakup," Stiles understood his best friend was hurting but he was more concerned with the Alpha and Brooklyn and Derek's situations.

"You realize that her dad is after Brook and Derek right? And you also realize the Alpha is out there too right? You know….The Alpha that tore into you like a side of beef? The Alpha that hurled Derek across the parking lot?"

"Yes I haven't forgotten!"

Stiles backed off with hands in a defensive gesture.

"Hey easy there…..No need to go after me again."

Jackson had watched from across the room as he sat with Allison. He witnessed Scott's erratic behavior during the test and could only speculate it was Allison that was pushing his mental state to the brink. The cocky teen was attempting to cause the final step that would hurl his rival over the cliff. Jackson knew Scott was seething that he was hanging out with Allison; talking and carrying on in casual or what seemed to be casual conversation.

The teen made his first move.

I know you can hear me Scott…..

Scott heard the light taunting tone.

You don't think I don't know what's going on…

You're gonna help me get what I want or I'm gonna take everything away from you…

I know where Brooklyn and Derek are hiding at…..I could turn them in with punch of my phone….

"Scott what is it?"