Chapter 92 - Hostage

"You're going to leave her there like that?"

Peter shrugged as he spied the Charger sitting vacant in the lot.

"I will drive," he stuck out his hand for the key. Brooklyn reached under the back passenger wheel well and retrieved the spare she kept for emergencies. Peter felt the jagged edges pushing in his palm as the hunter glared daggers in his direction.

"What is going to happen to her?"

Peter didn't answer and slid in the driver's seat. Brooklyn huffed and clumsily sat in the passenger side. A tiny pang stabbed the hunter's side but she remained silent.

"She will either survive and become a very powerful werewolf or she will die."

"You have no concept of humanity whatsoever you know that?"

Peter turned his head around and stared with those powerful steel grey rings. Brooklyn should've been afraid but she wasn't. Instead she viewed Peter as a bully to a degree: using people and violence to achieve his goals while remaining soulless to the consequences of his actions.

"I need you to locate Kate Argent."

"What makes you think I can do it?"

"You're a hunter, a resourceful one. I imagine you have used similar if not exact means to track your query in the past."

"So if I do find her are you going to waltz up to her and expect the bitch to roll over on her back? In case you forgot she's a sociopath!"

"I have not forgotten her darker side Brooklyn. I am completely aware of what she is capable of as should you."

"Oh you mean the cattle prod to the solar plexus? Oh how could I not forget that? Or how about keeping Derek as her unwilling guest at her little shop of horrors?"

"See we share a common goal: To see Kate Argent pay for her crimes. But I need Scott as well."

"Good luck getting Zippy on board with that one. He's too wrapped up in Allison."

"I think he can be persuaded."

His tone left little room for Brooklyn to argue. She sunk in the seat and slid her hands in her pockets only to notice her phone was missing.

"Looking for this?" Peter waved the phone just out of her reach. "I took the liberty of relieving you from this wretched device."

She watched in horror as the window lid down low enough for Peter's arm to fling it out the window.

"There," he addressed her like she was a child. "Now we won't have anyone interfering."

Markus and Derek met up on the South side of the school in time to see Jackson and Stiles hollering out for someone to call for help. Jackson was carrying an unresponsive Lydia in his arms. Her dress and skin were streaked in dried blood while the bite was concealed beneath the layers of chiffon and lace. The sheriff was working the gathering swell of students as the EMTs loaded Lydia into the back of the ambulance.

"Peter," Derek growled.

"Yes but is he still around Derek?"

"No and Brooklyn's car is gone."

"Where is he going?"

"He's going after Kate."

"Then we better find her before Peter does. Can you sense my daughter?"

Derek closed his eyes and focused on Brooklyn. He tilted his head back and sniffed the air then lowered his chin and opened his eyes.

"Yes," Derek nodded. "She's holding on."