Chapter 83 - Visions

A/N: I don't own anyone but my OC's….though I wished I owned the rest….*sighs*

Warning: May need some Kleenex towards the end...

Brooklyn heard the door leading to the holding cells open then close. Heavy steps resonated off the brick walls as they drew closer to where she was. The hunter slipped her arm off of her eyes and peered over at her unexpected visitor.

"Ah, I see The Innocence Project's arrived."

Kris Argent snorted at her greeting and curled his fingers around the bars.

"Well son of a bitch…." His eyes went to her swollen body. "Look what we have here…."

"Last one to know eh? You should be used to that by now."

"At least I'm not the one on the other side of the law Brooklyn," he threw her problems back in her face.

"I have sneaky suspicion you had something to do with my current predicament," she replaced her forearm over her eyes.

"As much as I would love to take the credit for your being behind bars, it wasn't me."

"Imagine that," she huffed.

"Where's Derek Hale?"

"Ah so we get to the million dollar question," she slid her arm off her face and rolled on her side to sit up.

"How far along are you?"

"So you want to know where Derek is," she ignored Argent's demanding question. "I wish I knew. He went missing when hunters, led by your sister, did their interpretation of D-Day."

"Kate's involved?"

"Oops," she gasped and pressed her fingers to her mouth. "Did I just let the cat out of the bag? In case you haven't noticed, Kate's walking on the other side of crazy. Did she tell you that she attacked me with a cattle prod? Or how about when someone tried to poison me with wolfsbane after I became pregnant?"

Brooklyn watched Argent take in what she had divulged; conflict loomed in his steel blue depths. Would Kate really stoop so low as to kill an unborn child? Even if that child was part werewolf? That was against the hunter's code.

"Truth hurts doesn't it? Look, I know you're a hunter, that you hate Derek will every fiber in that body of yours, but for the love of God, find Kate! I know you don't want to hear this but you have to know Kris!"

She was standing right against the bars, pleading with him to believe her.

"Why should I trust anything you say?"

Brooklyn flung her hands in the air and paced around the tiny cell. "I can't believe this. I'm trying to help you stop a sociopath who happens to be your own flesh and blood but you're standing there and doubting me?"

"You made your bed," Argent coldly noted, "Literally. You lay with Derek Hale; you chose which side you're on," he pointed at her body, "The proof is right there."

"You're a total bastard you know that? If anyone else dies, the blood will be on your hands; not mine. Get out of my sight."

Brooklyn turned her back on the hunter, angry at herself for even believing a part of him would listen to her. Argent started for the door but paused when he heard something. Turning around, Argent saw Brooklyn sitting on the bed, crying into her hands. A pang of guilt stabbed his chest as he heard her speak.

"No one's gonna help! When you're born they'll rip you away from me! You'll never know your daddy! He was so happy when I told him about you. He smiled when he would talk to you, telling you how much he loved you."