Chapter 56 - Brooklyn, Warrior Princess!?

"What do I do?" Stiles whispered nervously.

"Hide," Brooklyn softly responded without looking back at the teen.

Derek squeezed her hand tighter before releasing his hold. He could hear her heart slowly racing faster as the adrenaline radiated invisible trails from her body. She was ready for a fight.

Tyhurst crept up the steps, holding his gun level with his nose. It would only take one wolfsbane bullet to take the Hale werewolf down but wouldn't kill him. He had diluted the plant to where it would be nothing more than an agonizing drug, making Derek feel violently ill. His plan wasn't to kill the werewolf.

"Knock, knock," he rapped lightly while pushing the door open. "Anybody home?"

Brooklyn waited on the other side as Derek was across from her. Tyhurst spotted Brooklyn first.

The hunter stepped out with hips pivoted and swung her fist like a hammer, striking the blonde hunter between his eyes. Tyhurst hollered in pain and dropped the gun as he staggered back outside. Brooklyn flung her smaller frame against his slightly larger one, hurling their bodies towards the unforgiving ground. Derek charged out to see the hunters locked in a bitter battle, rolling furiously against the ground with fists flailing in hard chaotic shots.

"You little weasel," Brooklyn growled. "I should've known Argent would call you in!"

Stiles poked his head out and saw the battle several feet away. Brooklyn was all over the other man like a wild woman!

"Oh wow! She's totally going Xena on his ass!"

Derek snapped his head around sharing the darkened angered stare with the teen.

"Sorry," he ducked but continued watching.

"What are you doing here?" Brooklyn demanded. Tyhurst didn't answer and shoved his knee into Brooklyn's stomach then propelled her over his head and on the ground. Brooklyn landed with a loud thud feeling the very breath being violently pushed from her lungs. The loud groan made Derek wince as he leapt the short distance from the porch to the ground. His features had morphed to that of the wolf, ready to rip the hunter apart.

Tyhurst smiled and grabbed the gun that he had concealed in his jacket.

"Sorry Fido," he opened fire. The bullet ripped through Derek's shoulder, unleashing its potent cargo into the werewolf's veins. Derek howled before dropping to the ground, writhing in deep agony as the wolfsbane burned through his flesh and blood.

"Derek," Stiles shot out from the house as his eyes caught the werewolf falling mid leap. Tyhurst turned his attention to Brooklyn who battled against her battered body, trying to stand and fight despite the dull throb aching in her mid section.

"You…..bastard….." she coughed hard. Her eyes reflected the pain Derek was experiencing which wasn't helping Brooklyn's predicament. But the hunter wasn't stupid enough to come to a fight unarmed.

The grin widened across her foe's face, giving him a creepy pedophilic appearance as he approached the injured woman.

"No, not quite," he shook his head. Brooklyn looked over his shoulder to see Stiles pulling Derek to his feet.

"Stiles get him back inside," she barked.

"I would if he wasn't such a dead weight," Stiles grumbled. "Seriously Derek, couldn't you be lighter?"

Derek remained silent as the teen continued towards the house leaving Brooklyn alone with Tyhurst. Her injury was healing, granting the hunter the strength to properly confront her enemy. They circled one another, anticipating the other to strike first.