Chapter 93 - The Enemy of my Enemy

A/N: I don't own anyone but my OC's…..though I wished I owned the rest….*sighs*

Sheriff Stalinksi paced furiously in front of Lydia's hospital room. Stiles had not returned his calls and Scott was nowhere to be found. Lydia had continued to go in and out of shock since being admitted several hours before. He could feel the heat rising in his cheeks and swore if he saw his son before the night was out….

"Dad!"

Stiles and Jackson hurried through the door with the latter going towards Lydia's room. The jock was petrified with guilt and terror as his eyes were fixed on the body in blanketed in the sterile white blanket.

"Where the Hell have you been?" The sheriff fisted his hands around his son's collar. "Do you realize I've been calling you? I sent out two deputies to look for you! You know what it's a good thing we're in the hospital because I am going to K-I-L-L you!"

"I lost the keys to my Jeep and Jackson…."

At the mention of the other boy's name the sheriff turned his mixed range and frustration towards Jackson. Jackson saw the growing reflection in the glass and was turned half way around when the full force of the sheriff's weight was crushing against him.

"What happened to that girl in there?" Jackson didn't have time to utter a word. The sheriff pointed at the window behind him.

"I-I don't know! I-I went looking for…."

"So you mean to tell me that you went wandering around and found her like that? I don't believe you!"

Jackson was flustered as he attempted to defend himself to the sheriff's accusations. Stiles didn't say anything or make a move as he stood there in quiet fear.

"She's your girlfriend! You're still partially responsible for this! You took her to the dance!"

"No I'm not! And I didn't take her to the dance! Stiles took her!"

Stiles gulped loudly as he watched his dad drop Jackson from his hold and refocus his attention.

"Dad…."

"What happened to her Stiles?"

He tone turned gentler as the sheriff caught the pained scared expression on his son's face and regretted being so barbaric in his questioning. The killings and the hunt for Derek and Brooklyn had worn the man down to nearly three days from home and sleeping on what passed to be a cot in the storage room of the jail and food that made indigestion look like a cakewalk.

"Is Lydia going to be okay?"

Stiles observed the strain and fatigue this whole thing was taking on his dad. He should've called or at the very least passed a message to one of the deputies.

"They don't know what's wrong with her and all they know is she lost a lot of blood. But there's something going on with her."

"W-What do you mean something's going on with her?"

"She keeps having a reaction like an allergic reaction and keeps going into shock."

"Oh god…."

Stiles couldn't believe this! Peter's bite could be killing her! The Alpha had already wrecked so many lives! He had Brooklyn who was pregnant and alone while making Derek his bitch!

"Did you or Jackson see anything? What about Scott? Did he see anything?"

"We haven't seen Scott since the dance."

"Do you have any idea who did this?"

"Neither one of us do Dad," Stiles shook his head.

"I've been trying to call Scott but I can't reach him. Do you know where he is?"