Chapter 49 - Possession

A/N: I don't own anyone but my OC's…though I wished I owned the rest…*sighs*

Brooklyn woke up the next morning to see Derek had not moved. His breathing was slower, steadier, and his heart beat stronger. She craned her neck up and pulled back the bandages to see the shredded flesh and skin had melded tighter together but a fairly modest amount remained exposed. Infection remained a chilling possibility as she sat up and started her ritual of cleansing and redressing his back. The wounds were deep but luckily Brooklyn had not spotted any hint of white peeking through. Her thoughts went to his uncle as she pondered the possibility of his body being able to heal the burns that had so horribly marked his face. She couldn't imagine what it had to feel like being confined to a wheelchair while having to rely upon others to clean and bathe and dress her. That would be nothing short of a living Hell.

Her eyes went towards the clock which read 5:45 AM. Sleep had evaded her throughout the night as the images of the Alpha attacking Derek had continued to replay in a torturous loop. The helpless look in his eyes was what had ripped at her the most. The way he jerked and convulsed as the Alpha dug deeper into his victim. Or perhaps it was the bubbling of blood erupting from between his lips like a raging torrent that continued haunting the hunter most.

She drew up the morphine and antibiotics, seeing she was running low on both. But it was worth every bit.

Derek continued resting but was conscious enough to feel the faint pinch which preceded the trickling warmth that assaulted the stinging agony between his shoulders. His heart beat picked up slightly as his body absorbed her healing touches, letting his battered flesh drink in the subtle warmth that was bleeding into his very veins.

Brooklyn sat there watching the werewolf's chest push up then down into the mattress. The pale sickly color that had been in full force was starting to ebb away, allowing peeks of tan to emerge.

"Guess I'm not going to be going back to sleep," she sighed and stripped away the soiled jeans and shirt. A bruise was forming on just above her deltoid, courtesy of the Alpha's rage. Well he sat on the very top of her shit list as of last night however the werewolf slaying Brady Bunch was right behind it.

The hunter lavished her sore achy muscles in the waterfall of heat, relishing in the simple joy it brought. Brooklyn needed to call Stiles or Scott to find out what happened at the school. She wasn't going to stick around as Derek was her priority. Her police scanner had died sometime during the night, severing her only means of spying on the good sheriff.

But immediately her thoughts returned to what she had told Derek in the moments before drifting off to sleep.

I'm falling for you Derek Hale….I'm falling fast and hard for you…..

It was strange as she could sense Derek had heard every word she uttered. Maybe that was helping in the healing! She had once read somewhere that when someone was ill or badly hurt, sometimes all it took was a mere touch or even the sound of a familiar voice to pull the person out of the dark.

As the hunter lingered in the shower, her phone vibrated in her jacket.

"Come on," Stiles watched for his dad. "Brook answer your damn phone! Quit screwing Derek and answer the phone!"

The teen felt the sense of urgency to reach her before his dad or worse, the Argents did. They had survived the night alright but now Brooklyn and Derek were wanted thanks to Scott!

It was Derek…Derek Hale who killed the bus driver and the joggers! He also killed his sister and the janitor! But he had someone helping him! Her name's Brooklyn Ravenwood!