Chapter 94 - Is My Friend

A/N: I don't own anyone but my OC's….though I wished I owned the rest….*sighs*

Peter watched as Brooklyn sat rigid in the chair. His sharp sense of smell picked up the shift in her body, more specifically her hormones.

"You don't have to hide it," he announced. "I know what's happening. It's different for our kind you know. But then again you're human which makes it rather….difficult."

"Then let me go," she refused to meet eyes with the Alpha but could sense the twins moving in short almost panicked motions.

"Not until Kate is dead," Peter rudely cut her off.

"Have you not spilled enough blood in this town?"

"I will not rest until everyone who participated in my family's demise is cold in the ground. Don't you get it Brooklyn? What humanity I had burned away in the fire. What you see standing before you is the phoenix rising from the ashes."

"Yeah well the phoenix didn't change into a wolf and kill people."

"In this story it does," he knelt before the hunter forcing her to look into his eyes. Nothing human was visible in the beautiful ice blue rings. "And I know something you don't: You want her dead too."

"I wanna see her rotting in a cold cell."

"Now you're just lying to yourself," Peter grinned. "You see deep down you want to see her blood spilling between your fingers as she falls dead at your feet."

"Now who's the one being delusional?"

Markus continued shaking his head in disgust. Why he even entertained the idea Kris would even hear him out was beyond him.

I wasted my time with that fool!

A pair of headlights approached from the opposite side temporarily blinding the hunter. Markus blinked but saw spots as his vision focused on the smooth black blacktop.

His mind was distracted when the SUV passed by, revealing the driver and passenger.

"You gettin it now? It's what they do; they can't help it."

Allison felt numb from head to toe. Lydia had looked so fragile and vulnerable in the bland sterile bed. Stiles had walked off with his dad while Jackson was nowhere to be seen. Everything her aunt had said was coming to life in frightening vividness. Brief but terrifying flashes of blood and angst haunted her mind as Allison sat in the passenger seat, frozen in place.

"All of them?" She mustered but spoke in a fractured voice. Did Scott do this too? Did he hurt people?

"Yes Allison, even Scott," Kate lied through her teeth but spoke with perfect calm.

"Are you going to tell me what you're planning?"

"No," Derek flatly answered. The Camaro rolled along the back roads around Beacon Hills, careful to evade the ever lurking authorities. The main roads were being watched around the clock for Derek and Brooklyn which led the beta to take another avenue.

"Okay promise me you won't hurt or kill Allison okay? I'm helping you find Brooklyn."

Derek stayed silent but glanced at Scott sideways. The brilliant emeralds faded to sapphire as the low warning growl rumbled in his throat and chest.

Stiles and his father stood in the middle of the corridor out of the range of hearing of his deputies.

"Look I wanna help okay?"

"You wanna help? Fine start talking," the sheriff's patience was wearing thin where his son was concerned.

"Well you know this has something to do with Derek and Brooklyn," Stiles started off.