Chapter 86 - Captain Adderall!!!!

A/N: I don't own anyone but my OC's….though I wished I owned the rest…*sighs*

"I know you're upset but you're a high risk pregnancy and you have to stay calm."

Doctor Teague was dismayed to see Brooklyn distressed and upset, given her circumstances. Markus knew it would be next to impossible to keep her calm as Derek remained missing and his pain was her own. His daughter's blood pressure was high which alarmed Doctor Teague.

"You're blood pressure is high," she expressed her concerns with the demeanor of a mom. "Remember what I told you about being pregnant with a hybrid?"

"I know and I'm sorry but I miss Derek. He should be here for this."

She put her forearm across her eyes, blocking the growing tears from everyone to see. Markus instinctively wrapped his arms around her like he had many times before.

"Kate did this," she sobbed. "Kate's responsible for this."

"Shhhh," Markus shushed her. "You'll get yourself even more upset. Derek wouldn't want that. He would want you to be strong."

"It's so hard….."

"I know it is," Markus whispered. "When your parents died it was like the world had stopped. You were so alone and frightened but you persevered and matured into a confident powerful woman. Now I've seen you in your worst moments and every single instance you dragged yourself through the pain and hurt growing stronger with each incident. Remember when you were in high school and those girls were bullying you because you got captain of the track team?"

"Oh yeah," Brooklyn sniffled and wiped her eyes. "I got those bitches good!"

"And I imagine they still have nightmares to this day," Markus chuckled.

"You're right," she nodded and relaxed back on the table. "Derek's depending on me to find him."

Brooklyn nodded at Doctor Teague who was ready to run the ultrasound. The hunter noticed she had gotten larger around her midsection but figured it was from the weight that had been rapidly accumulating. She closed her eyes and took several deep breaths, hoping to calm her heart. The cool sweeping motions across her exposed womb seemed to have a calming effect as her thoughts drifted to her daughter.

"This is strange," the hunter's eyes shot open.

"What's strange? Is something wrong with her?"

Doctor Teague was concentrating on the image on the screen, spotting something out of the ordinary. It appeared as if Laura had three arms but that couldn't be right!

"I'm going to listen to the fetal heart monitor," her voice retained a smoothness that masked any fear. She flipped on the switch and connected the machine to her side. The doctor's eyes narrowed as she blocked the outside world, focusing on the sounds coming through the speakers.

"How can it be….."

"How can it be what Doctor?" Markus looked at the screen but wasn't certain what it was he was searching for.

"There's two heartbeats," she looked over at Brooklyn whose mouth had dropped open and face was frozen in shock. There were two heartbeats? The only way there could be two heartbeats was that she was carrying….

"Twins," Markus spat. "Brook you have twins!"

"But how did we miss the other?"

"It appears the other one was hiding behind his or her sister which happens quite a bit when twins are expected."

"I wasn't expecting twins," she sensed the realization sinking in.

"Nobody expects twins," the doctor chuckled lightly. "But we can see if the little hider is a boy or girl."