Chapter 42 - Crazy Bitch Part II

"Maybe we can help one another," Kate sat on the edge of the armrest. "I mean we're both tracking the Alpha down, we both want him dead…"

Derek continued to stay silent as his body was nearly healed.

"All you have to do is tell me who it is," she shrugged and put the prod back in its holster. The werewolf banged his head back against the wall. He felt Brooklyn's presence and the heartbeat of another before Stile's panicked voice dashed any chances of hope it was Scott.

"Now what?" Stiles hissed.

"Take this," she handed her gun over to the teen. His eyes went wide and hands flinched at the cool steel resting against his skin.

"You do know how to fire a gun right? Please tell me you do."

"Yeah," Stiles held it with shaky hands. He gripped the butt as his heart continued racing. Sweat laced his palm as Brooklyn started towards the house. She stopped and spun around as Stiles looked up at the house.

"Come on Gilligan," she waved her hand impatiently. Of all the people in the world to have helping her…..

"You know I wonder…..What do you see in Brooklyn? I mean she's so…..unstable. Talk about relationship issues….."

Derek closed his eyes feeling the wolf wanting to emerge and rip the bitch apart.

"She never was good in keeping a man….."

As Kate ran her mouth, Derek caught the scent of Brooklyn and Stiles as they were routing through the back of the house. Leveque and Ulrich were still passed out as each one had taken a rather hard blow.

Brooklyn peered around the corner and spotted Kate then spied Derek propped up against the doors.

"That bitch," she growled. Her nostrils flared as she crept towards the hunter. Stiles was hovering over the two unconscious hunters with the gun pointed at both.

If they move…..Shoot em…

The cold sober tone was something in Brooklyn's voice that Stiles didn't want to hear again. He waved the gun between their still bodies as he could faintly hear Kate continuing her insults towards Brooklyn.

Derek closed his eyes so they wouldn't betray Brooklyn's presence. Her scent was overpowering but Kate was clueless as to what was coming.

"So just tell us who the Alpha is," she grinned. Derek's lips pursed tightly as he focused on the beacon that was the hunter.

"Wait," the smile faded, "You don't know who it is do you? Well too bad then because someone's usefulness has ran out…."

She twisted around for the gun only to find it resting in Brooklyn's hands.

"Looking for this?"

Brooklyn struck first and drove the butt across her face. Kate stumbled off the couch and towards the floor as Brooklyn pounced like a cougar. The hunter tried staggering to her feet but was met with the sheer precision of the smaller woman's boot. The heel smashed into the other side, throwing Kate against the warped dusty boards.

Derek rose to his feet as Brooklyn fisted Kate's long amber tresses and dragged the screaming hunter across the room. Her strength was amazing as Brooklyn slammed Kate against the wall but kept her demeanor dangerously calm and cool. He knew it had to be the exchange between them when he had marked that night.

Kate screamed and clawed at the hunter's arms, leaving superficial scratches along her slender toned forearms.

"Doesn't hurt me," Brooklyn growled in a taunting manner. The ominous smile crossed her lips as she got in close to Kate's frightened face.