Chapter 5 - Confrontations

“What do you mean you were attacked?”

                Scott listened to Stiles on Skype as he recalled his closer encounter with Brooklyn. 

                “Dude, she came out of nowhere!  This chick wailed on me!  She said she was a hunter!”

                “Whoa wait!  What do you mean a hunter!?”

                “You know like as in a hunter!  Do I have to spell it out for you?!  Dude she told me herself she hunts werewolves!”

                Scott sat back, stunned over what Stiles was trying to relay to him. 

                “But that’s not all either.  She wants to talk to you.”

                “So what she can kill me!?  No way!”

                “Scott this chick is like crazy!  She said she was gonna be waiting for you after school tomorrow!”

                “Great,” Scott shook his head and looked back up at the screen. 

                “But that not’s all either…..She knows Derek Hale.”

                “What?  How?”

                “They’re tracking something called an Alpha.  Does that ring any bells?”

                “No, I don’t think so.”

                “Well she seems to think so.”

                “Well I don’t!”

                “Good luck convincing her of that!  I mean she wasn’t exactly nice to me!”

                Stiles paused and caught something on his screen and started to type a frantic message.  Scott caught the first part of his message.

                It looks like

                “It looks like what?” Scott asked but the connection had locked up between them.  “Come on…”

                He slapped the side of his screen but still the image remained frozen.  Scott grumbled and hit it again this time the connection booted back up.  The second part of Stiles’ message popped up on the screen.

                Somebody’s behind you

                Scott spun around only to have the weight of Derek’s body crush him against the wall.  The stronger werewolf pinned him tighter between his body and the wall, refusing to allow Scott to move the slightest inch.

                “I saw you out there on the field today!” He growled angrily in Scott’s ear.  Derek shoved his hands below the teen’s shoulders making his point painfully clear.  “If you play in that game on Saturday I will kill you myself!”

                Before Scott could protest Derek pushed away and vanished, leaving the bewildered teen alone and shaken. 

                Derek rolled up to his home, spotting the Charger parked a few feet away.  He knew Brooklyn wanted to meet up with him and tell him what she found out from Stiles.  Derek had expressed his displeasure in her idea but the hunter had ignored him and headed over there earlier that afternoon.