CHAPTER 3: Pride or Prejudice

ALEKSANDER

Let's recap, shall we.

The house sitter I didn't want just exposed her entire chest to me and is currently staring at me in underwear small enough to be a bracelet as water drips down her toned and pierced abdomen.

Heart meet malfunction two.

"Crap!" Jessica pulls off the headphones and her auburn hair falls down to frame her bare face as the pencil drops to cause the only sound around the house.

Crap indeed because I don't think I was meant to see it in slow motion like some 80's rom-com movie. But I am pretty sure my groin was supposed to swell because—

"Who the hell are you?" She fumbles with the rag to wipe her chest, no doubt making it worse and I dare admit more provocative.

"The owner of the house." I turn away to look for my dog.

I really hope Jessica hasn't been walking around exposed like this because April won't appreciate her dog being used to another female.

Who am I kidding? April won't care, I am more worried about me because this can't happen all week.

"Wait," Jessica stops patting her chest to look at me. "You're Alexander?" She sounds frustrated, "I thought Ashton said this was his baby brother's house."

I wince and hold my bag handle tightly.

"Mr. Henry" I look at my shoes because I realize she has a nipple piercing too, "Mr. Henry is my older brother and my name is Aleksander, Alek!"

Not Alex, getting it wrong is one of my many pet peeves.

"You're younger than him?" I lift my eyes to find hers grazing over me, "and you're a doctor?"

"I have a PHD in neurobiology, yes and I'll be 27 soon." I don't know why I am frowning as I add, "anymore questions?"

I hate how rude her accent makes even the most mundane sentences sound, like she cannot believe a word I am saying even though it is all true.

"Just one," Jessica folds her arms to conceal her chest. "Why the hell are you back so early?"

"Excuse me?" I click my tongue and release my hand from the suitcase handle. "You do realize I am your boss, right? That you are in my house and that you receive payment from my checking account and that you sleep under my roof?"

Ashton might have done the hiring but I am the one she works for. The one she needs to address with some damn respect.

"Alek—"

I tense and grimace again.

"Dr Henry," I correct and her jaw clicks. "The name of your boss, is Doctor Henry. First name basis is earned with me and you have not earned it."

I could care less what people call me but I hate how my first name just rolls off her pouty lips, like she was always meant to say it with her posh and unspoiled accent.

I hate how relaxed—no.

"Dr Henry." That sounds even worse on her lips. "I just meant that I wasn't expecting you so soon. I was told to make myself scarce when you are around, I would have never spent the night if I knew—" this is ridiculous.

"I don't mean to interrupt but do you plan on having a full conversation with me, your boss, while you are barely clothed?"

I follow a droplet down her toned and flat stomach and recoil when it hangs off the lightning bolt on her belly ring. I didn't even know a pelvic area could be so small and honestly so hairless.