CHAPTER 34: A blast from-Whoa?

JESSICA

"I'm sorry I don't have any cool, artsy places to take you. I haven't had time to explore the city." Alek and I are at a hotel restaurant.

I'll give it to him, it is very fancy but also very businessy. It has a lot people with dark suits drinking coffee despite it being the weekend.

"It's okay," the view makes up for it.

We can see people walking around and enjoying their sunny Saturday, some even have dogs and cats which makes me really miss Holly. I had to leave her with Ashton who warned Kylie might not return her.

"I swear the food is nice, I like the breakfast croissants" he holds my hand to get my attention. "You look really nice by the way, you're glowing."

That splits my face in half with a huge grin.

"I wonder why she glows," maybe because I finally screwed my hot boss. "Thank you honey and you loo handsome as usual."

Aleksander tenses like he doesn't believe the compliment.

"Oh look," I point at the window when he remains silent. "That puppy looks like Holly."

"Holly?" I am already running out as Dr Henry calls my name.

Call me a chicken but we already have a drawer full of things to discuss, us unpacking whatever his reaction was will just have to wait till—forever?

"Hey babba," I rub the dog's head when it barks at me. "Hi! Look at you, so pretty and fluffy." I am sadly those people that use dog baby voices.

"Sorry, we have a dog just like yours back home." Aleksander explains to the old lady holding the leash.

I smile at her and she returns it.

"I don't mind," she assures. "Sora is a sucker for pretty ladies." The dog barks again and they walk away once Aleksander gives it an awkward pat.

"I can't believe you made me touch a random dog," Alek pouts and even wipes his hand with a handkerchief he removes from his pocket. "It looked nothing like Holly, she's way bigger."

"I know honey," I wrap my hands over his neck and kiss him. "Holly is way cuter too, I am just experiencing—"

"Aleksander?" A woman's voice interrupts and I don't turn around till he answers, '

"April?" As his hands leave my waist to face her.

The first thing that pops into my head is, HOLY SHIT ITS ALEK'S EX FIANCÉE and the second is less loud because April looks nothing like expected.

She is not some posh, supermodel looking woman like Karlie Kloss. She looks like an actual adult woman who is mature, proud and very clean.

Curvier than I expected too but also very conservative.

She is wearing orthodox loafers and her khaki skirt reaches her ankles. The dark nude cardigan she paired it with is buttoned up to show no skin below her neck and the tan strands of her short hair are cut to her ears and held back by a wire band.

The only accessory being a beaded spectacle holder around her neck. I don't know why but having the opportunity to put a face to a name has numbed me.

She looks normal.

Human.

Woman.

"Oh my," she is also very short and very American. "It really is you." She has the reaction anyone would have after seeing a ghost. "Hello Aleksander, it has been a while."