|Teamwork!| (Book 1 finale)

The time me and dooka met a crazy capybara: part 10 (Incident 1 finale)

Julians Pov:

I inhale, hesitant. "I came with Mya and Karis- I- I- I don't know where they are... and if they are okay, dead, or anything! I didn't WANT to leave them behind! I dont know how  to come back for them!!! I DON'T WANT TO DO ANYTHING! I'M SCARED, CONFUSED AND TIRED! I DONT KNOW WHERE THE SECRET CAVE THING IS AT ALL!! I JUST WOKE UP OUTSIDE... I DON'T KNOW HOW I GOT OUT HERE! OKAY?!" I practically screamed, while Kennon just stood there... just listening to my rant. "Alright, we'll find them, you and me. But first, we should seriously get out of this dark alleyway, it's seriously giving me the creeps." Kennon chuckled, while I just nodded slowly... then followed his lead.

Karis's Pov:

I wake up, in a cave darker than before. And a few seconds later, I'm greeted by the worst burning sensation on my throat and face ever. My movement is limited, for two reasons: I'm restrained by some sort of chain, and my wounds won't allow me to move a single muscle. I opened my mouth to yell, but nothing except a croak came out. I shudder, a chill going through my back and neck... wondering if something worse than a capybara will come out of the shadows to 'visit' me.  It's been 10 minutes since Julian has stopped calling out to me. Does he think I'm dead? Did he escape without me? CAN MYA AT LEAST STOP BEING A SCAREDY  CAT AND FIND ME!!!! ONCE I'M FREE, I'M SO GOING TO FEED JULIAN AND MYA TO SOME CAPYBARAS. MAYBE MORESO MYA, AT LEAST JULIAN TRIED TO FIND ME!! UGHHHHHHH!!! I HATE EVERYTHING! SCREW EVERYTHING.... Ugh, all this fussing is making me tired...

I jump, hearing footsteps. Is it Julian? It's too loud for it to be his. Mya would at least try to be quieter than that. If it's one of the two, I'll promise to never, ever make fun of them again. I thought, while smiling at the thought of my friends coming to the rescue for me..  It was mya who stumbled into here, falling down..

Karis smiled brightly, though mya seemed really confused. Mya waved and looked at karis "Oh, it's kind of dark in here.. Is this death? No idea. Why are you all gashed up! You're chained up too, oh my- who did this to you? I definitely think this is death... " mya said, apparently trying to accept fate. "You know Karis, I think I lived a great life. Well, not really but, I lived a life I enjoyed."
Karis stops trying to speak, she closes her mouth and just listens.
"You know Karis, even though I'm dead, I want you to continue living. To make more friends and- Oh God I sound like a dying grandma don't I? Well technically I'm dying, dead, gone. But I am NOT a grandma. Okay, okay, seriously though. Even though I'm gone, I want you to make more friends, get out a little, enjoy life more, you know? You can do that without me, right? You can live without me? Yeah, I think you're good."
Mya sat upright, Karis tried too as well but she couldn't, due to her being chained down. She could only look up at her.
"Heh, sorry, not really good at a dying message you know? This is the first time I died after all." Mya began to walk away trying to leave then bumped into the dark cave wall, but then  she turned back, smiling, but not the typical happy smile, it was more solemn, more sad.
"You know, sometimes I wonder, what would we be like if we were normal kids?"

Mya asked. Karis started to cry out of sadness, but still laughing at mya's 'goodbye speech" ,despite her not being dead at all.. Apparently the two had forgotten about their argument earlier.

"Alright, I'll give you that.. It was a depressing speech, but you know we aren't dead.. Right? At least not right now." Karis said. Mya shrugged "Maybe, but I just wanted to get that out... if we do die." Mya shrugged, Karis laughed harder. Since when did mya become this hilarious?

Mya stared at Karis in confusion. "Do you think I'm joking? How dare you!" Mya said dramatically. Karis stopped laughing and nodded while smiling "No.. I think it's hilarious how your humor has improved over the past few days."Karis said, Mya rolled her eyes playfully. "I was always funny! You just have a bad taste in humor!" Mya said. Karis sighed, shaking her head. "Whatever you say, drama queen." Karis said. Mya ignored her, then walked around. "What is this place? This cave thing.. I mean." Mya asked, Karis shrugged.

"Ah, I don't know. But let's hope we can get out of here alive."

Karis said. Mya nodded, they were going to get through this.. Together. No matter what.

And thats it for Book 1! See you at The incident 2!- Yours, author.

Word count: 842 words