.ᴛᴏɢᴇᴛʜᴇʀ.

The Time Me and Dooka Met a crazy capybara: Book 3, part 5

W/ Kennon, Sgt. Rudo, Julian, Karis & Mya:

No One's Pov:

"Ahem.. alright, so basically.. So I went to a house to get some supplies, like what we were supposed to do. Then I kept hearing crashing downstairs, It was TERRIFYING." Kennon had said, the 4 stared at him in shock and worry. "So I grabbed my weapon, Went to investigate!" Kennon had said, trying to make it as creepy as possibly, slowly scanning the 4 who looked petrified. "YOU IDIOT! YOU COULD'VE GOTTEN YOURSELF KILLED! KILLED!!!!!" Mya said, shaking Kennon. "Well I Didn't... I'm Alright, Aren't I?!" Kennon said, still a bit dizzy while smirking slightly. "Well there still could've been a possibility you wouldn't have been." Mya debated, Kennon rolled his eyes. "Let Me Finish, Please...." Kennon muttered, Mya crossed her arms, taking a step back and stared at kennon in annoyance and curiosity, then nodded as an 'Go on.' "And So Then... It turned out The sound was coming from the basement." Kennon said. Karis gulped. "I Opened the door.. And it was Daisy, with her head stuck in a jar." Kennon explained. "And so I sort of helped 'er, until this MASSIVE capybara came, almost attacked us... until this other one came, they started fighting so I took that opportunity to leave, with Daisy of course.... Then I was out of the house... Found you guys, and the rest Is History." Kennon wrapped up the story. The four had no words. Until Julian started clapping, "BRAVO!! BRAVO!!!"Julian smiled brightly, Soon Karis And Mya Joined in. "I'm surprised you survived those things.. Those are feral." Sgt. rudo said. "I Gotta give you Kudos For That, Boy." Sgt. rudo gave a small smirk. And It made Kennon feel warm inside, knowing that an Important person had complimented him.

.

.

.

.

.

3 Hours later.

Mya's pov:

The 5 of us had lost track of time, which unfortunately delayed our traveling to the other place... It was around 5:35 P.M After we reunited yesterday...Which is Oddly precise for no reason, and that means it's almost going to be day 2 of being together as a group again in a few hours. "Let's play cards!" Karis suggested. The 4 stared, thinking about it. "Yes, Please. Let's do it... I've been dying of boredom." Julian heaved a sigh of relief that some had said something fun. I glance over at kennon, Who still looks like he Isn't sure If we should be playing some silly game right now, And sgt. Rudo had his back turned towards us while he was keeping watch. "Well We're In Luck, Because I may or may not have brought a deck of cards for us to play when we were searching for supplies." I said with a grin, while leaning rummaged around in the duffle bag. I could hear Julian jumping up and down in excitement giggling like a little 5 year old who's finally getting some candy. "It should be In here somewhere..." I mutter, why can I not find it? "Are you sure you ACTUALLY grabbed it?" Julian said, his smile faltering slightly, as it seemed he also stopped jumping as well. "I'm 100% positive I did..." I mutter, still not taking my eyes off the duffle bag. "AHA! Here it is... It was at the bottom of the duffle bag." I say. Proud, while holding up the deck of cards in the box like it was a Million dollars. "How Much stuff did you steal for it to be at the 'BOTTOM' Of your bag? Like was It the first thing you grabbed or something?" Kennon asked, crossing his arms. My brows furrowed and slowly looked over to him. "Of course not, I grabbed oh so many more things, IMPORTANT things before getting that deck of cards. Obviously we need some fun... but still." I say, then setting down the box. "Fair enough..." Kennon said, I rolled my eyes. Why is he always so on top of everybody for every little thing? He's not doing Quote On Quote, LEADER things. As Kennon would put it. "But that's beside the point, Who's ready to play some CARDS?" I say, raising it up again, smiling wide. "ME!!!" Julian screeched, to say he was excited was definitely an understatement. "Okay, I'm passing out the sets though." Karis said, and everyone agreed to that.

...And so then we played, and played and played... And before we knew it... it was dark out. We were all now laying on the ground with a few blankets on and underneath us, staring up at the stars, "Well, that was fun." I had said, inhaling. There was a big yawn. "Ahh... Yeah, best day ever in a while." Julian had said to my right. "Yep." Karis agreed, Kennon nodded, And Sgt rudo smiled. "I'm glad you all enjoyed it, because it's going to be busy tomorrow for us." Sgt. Rudo said. Karis sighed. "Yeah." Karis muttered. "Dunno about you, but I'm gonna get some shut eye." Kennon said immediately, which was funny... mainly to me because he was the last one I thought that had gone to bed first. "Me too." Karis said, and before I knew it, the two tossed to their left and were sound asleep. "Mmmm..... You two should get rest too, even my old creaky behind will get some rest as well. I mean it when I say it's gonna be a busy day for us tomorrow, kids." Sgt. rudo said, shifting into a lying position... the only thing propping him up was his elbows. Soon the air filled with snoring, but I still never found myself tired, Even with how much I told myself I was.. My brain wouldn't shut off for the night. There was a small brush against my knuckles, I turned over.. And I saw Julian staring with weary eyes. "You awake too?..." I whispered, He nodded. "How is it Possible to sleep in this state?" Julian whispered raspily back. I laughed slightly. "Honestly... I'm Asking the same thing myself." I whisper back, and Julian cracked a smile. "I'm sure everything will work out for us in the end... It has to." I say, trying to reassure him, myself as well. "I Wish I could Believe you." Julian whispered so quiet it was sort of hard to hear him, I had no words. But he kept going. "No matter how Much I tell myself, US. how it'll be fine, How it'll all work out in the end, we'll be with our families and have our happily ever after... It seems like life and fate is telling us the opposite, As if all along this was our destiny... to suffer. Alone, scared and afraid.. Every single second of our lives is just pure agony and paranoia... And I keep asking what We did wrong, what I Did Wrong... What did we do to deserve this? Our luck is so horribly we got left behind... Mya." Julian said to me, tears welling up in his eyes, and I could feel my own heating up as well. "What would our lives be like in another universe if we didn't meet that capybara in the alleyway, we ignored it.. If we ignored it, it would've never come after us.. Asher would have never died.. We dragged our friends into this.. THEY DIDN'T DESERVE THIS.. Neither did we... I Just wish all of this was a horrible, horrible nightmare I could wake up from and live normal lives with you guys.." Julian said, his voice cracking. I stare down solemnly, my heart stabbing with a pain of despair and loneliness... everything he was saying is true.... And It was so, so painful to accept that our lives would never be the same again.... But as he said... fate has something else in store for us... whether its horrible, or amazing... we're just going to have to power through it. "As Long as we have each other, You, Me.. sgt. Rudo.. karis and kennon.. We can make it." I say sympathetically, he nods, we both lay down. I feel a hand in mine.. And I grip it like a lifeline. I closed my eyes, I had slept through the whole night.. And he did too.

To be continued.

Word count: 1384