'I can not anymore..'

The Time Me And Dooka Met A Crazy Capybara: Book 4, Part 8

W/ Kennon.

No One's POV/3rd person.

Setting: In An Unknown, unmoving horse driven conestoga wagon.

Kennon's mind was foggy, he heard buzzing noises. He wasn't exactly sure if that was his mind playing tricks on him or there was ACTUALLY buzzing. The only other thing he could make out from his surroundings is the coolness and moisture of a wet, damp cloth neatly folded on his head. His Shoulder blade still flared up with pain from the gunshot wound.. But almost in a way It had seemed to subside in the slightest bit. (Where am I?) Kennon had thought, trying to move around but he could no longer muster the strength to do so at the moment. He briefly turns his head to the side, whatever he was laying on was unusually comfortable. So comfortable that it almost made him want to close his eyes and go back to sleep and not wake up for 5 months.. But he knew he couldn't do that. Not any time soon. Even If He got half the sleep he used to get when the world was normal, He'd cherish it greatly. He heard people talking, It got more clearer by the second. Next thing Kennon knows, He's greeted with a Swedish mauser inches away from his face. "I want Answers." An Old Man Says to Kennon. Soon, A Young Girl, around Kennon's age.. Maybe a year or two older Gets up from her spot, then walks up and arrives beside the old man then forcefully but gently puts Her hand on the gun, lowering it. "Grandpa, Ya Just can't go 'round Trying to shoot people this early into their introduction!" The girl scolds Her Scowling grandfather. She seriously sounded like Sandy cheeks if she were human and had even more of a Texan accent"Urk-" Kennon tries to talk, and then both the girl and the old man shoot him a quick glare. "N- Friends-" Kennon chokes out. "Where are friends?-" Kennon asks desperately. The two strangers stare at each other woefully, then turn to look back at kennon. "Kid, You're friends are most likely DEAD."The Old man says, and That nearly makes kennons heart explode with anxiety."NO! CAN'T BE!" Kennon shouts nervously, struggling to sit up. Completely ignoring the exploding pain in his shoulder blade. The girl pushed him back down onto his back carefully, worried for the boy. "My Friends can't be dead. They can't." Kennon says, The old man and girl exchanged looks then sighed. "Kid. No one's survivin' that. Let alone some teenagers, all by themselves. I might even go as far as sayin' you where one of the last people alive out there." The old man responds with a blunt tone. Kennon tries to respond to that with 'No One else can, maybe not the average person.. But WE Can.' but he couldn't find his voice and just kept quiet. It didn't take long for him to feel guilty. He known its only been a few hours.. But he feels lost, alone without his friends. A House without its structure, a car without its tires.. A bed frame without its mattress. He felt Truly Afraid and scared, alone with these strangers. A few years back, if you told this boy he'd have friends he'd be willing to die for.. He'd probably sock you, laugh at you then call you a liar. But now, That feeling.. He learned what happiness is.. What its Like To Be loved. And he fears that he'll never feel that ever again.

.

.

.

W/ Julian & Sgt. Rudo, Still Looking for Kennon.

Julians POV:

I lost hope. I'm starting to believe less and less that He's still out there. I want to convince myself so badly that he's alive and well, but I know that's not realistic. I'm scared. I don't want to lose anyone. I don't want my friends to Die. I could seriously get set on fire and get killed in the most torturous ways and that still wouldn't live up to be as horrible as the feeling of failing your friends, Yourself. And it hurts so bad, My heart feels like it's going to collapse. I just want to cry, I just want to go home and be with my parents and cami. I don't want to lose anything, I don't want to kill anything. I've tried and tried and tried to be a Big, Tough boy for my group and parents this whole time but My soul Is Broken. I don't want to do this anymore. I just want to cry in my parents arms and let everything loose, But I know I can't. I want to be a kid again. I don't think I'll ever be able to live a normal life again, playing football with my friends, talking to karis and mya.. Playing Roblox at Home. I don't want to, I Hate This, I hate this, I hate this, I hate this. I'm in my mind so much I almost forget about sgt. Rudo. I don't think he cares though. He Doesn't care about us, He doesn't even see us as family to him. He's only doing this because he's a soldier and thats what they do. He probably has a family out there he's probably missing too. So Why would he care about us? That's how self-centered I am. All this time He's been taking care of us and neither of us bothered to even say thank you. I want this to end. I beg and beg to god to let the world go back to normal. I'm almost on the verge of tears and I don't think I can Hold them back anymore, judging off how there's a lump forming and swelling in my throat. But I can't afford to let Sgt. rudo see me cry, He'll probably think I'm weaker then he already thinks I am. Because I am. And I can't even deny it, I can't believe I'm thinking this way but it's so.. So true. I always promised my parents that One day I'd Be A police officer or a soldier and save the world. I promised to save the world and be a hero when I can't even save Myself.

Word Count: 1046

To be continued.