'|.Ⓡⓔⓢⓣ.|'

The time me and dooka met a crazy capybara: Book 2, part 7

W/ Mya and julian:

The two sat on the bench, silent. Soon the sun began to set. "We should stay here for the night. We shouldnt be roaming the streets when it is or getting dark." Mya said out of the blue. Julian perked his head up. "Yeah, then we'll continue our journey.. Hopefully running into karis or kennon." Julian said, with a small smile. Mya smiled slightly at that thought. "We should rest up.. You in particular, let everything catch up to your head... after all, you were the one who nearly got killed by one of those capybaras." Mya said. Julian raised a brow. "And you?" Julian said. Mya shrugged, sighing. "I'll keep watch for the night. I'll let you know when it's time to start moving again.. But in the meantime, get rest." Mya deadpanned, turning to where her back was facing julian. "Bu-" Julian started but mya cut him off. "I MEAN IT JULIAN." Mya snarled, annoyed. Julian blinked and nearly fell backwards off the bench in surprise, a spark of anger went off in his heart... his brows furrowed while still staring at mya.

"Dang... if you insist, I'll do what you say.'' Julian muttered, while shifting into a lying position on the bench. Mya didn't say anything after that, just scanning the streets, cars strewn with her gun drawn.. Finally, the fire that was all over the city burned out. Julian could hardly believe this was his life now, I mean almost a month ago they were being normal kids! Now they're all in a constant serious state of life or death!! Julian stopped thinking about everything for a moment... closed his eyes and soon fell asleep.

.

.

.

.

.

.

W/ Kennon and Karis

No one's pov:

Karis and Kennon sat in the middle of the living room floor in the dimmed apartment . An opened, metal first aid kit discarded to kennons far left, as he was patching up Karis's cuts from that military guard earlier. "...We can't stay in this apartment forever... kennon, we're going to have to go out and find julian and mya eventually... that's what you'd want them to do for us, right? So let's find them." Karis spoke up. Kennon slowly dropped the medical supplies he was holding into the first aid kit.. Bug eyed as it seemed like he saw a ghost. Then his nervous eyes drifted to karis. "...You know how dangerous it is to even step one foot over that threshold... let alone go on a whole searching party to find two whole people, right?!" Kennon said. Karis rolled her eyes and shook her head. "You're sounding like a coward right now, Kennon." Karis sighed. Kennon stood up, slamming the metal lid of the first aid down aggressively. "I'M NOT A COWARD! I'M JUST BEING RATIONAL AND DOING WHAT'S RIGHT FOR NOT ONLY ME, BUT YOU! AND IF WE JUST JUMP INTO THIS BLINDLY WITHOUT AN PLAN.. WE'RE GOING TO GET KILLED! JEEZ, IF THAT'S THE CASE, WE SHOULD'VE JUST WENT WITH THE SOLDIERS IF WE WERE PLANNING ON LEAVING HERE SO SOON! AT LEAST WE'D BE PROTECTED WITH PEOPLE WHO KNOW WHAT THERE DOING!" Kennon yelled, Karis scowled.

"NO ONE KNOWS WHAT THERE DOING WITH THIS CAPYBARA THING MORE THAN US! WE'RE THE ONES THAT MET THOSE THINGS FACE TO FACE! WE'RE THE ONES WHO FOUGHT THEM OFF! WE'RE THE ONES WHO KILLED THE CAPYBARAS BEFORE! WE'RE THE ONES WHO HAVE MORE EXPERIENCE THAN ANYONE ELSE! JUST BECAUSE THE SOLDIERS ARE FULLY TRAINED ADULTS THAT FOUGHT IN WAR DOESN'T AUTOMATICALLY MEAN THEY'VE DONE EVERYTHING WE HAVE!" Karis yelled at Kennon who opened his mouth to speak, but Karis cut him off. "SO YOUR TELLING ME I'M NOT RATIONAL JUST BECAUSE I ACTUALLY WANT TO DO SOMETHING AND SAVE MY FRIENDS? I'M NOT LETTING THEM DIE OUT THERE, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO DO THAT SO BE IT. JUST HIDE IN THIS STUPID APARTMENT AND ROT FOREVER, I WILL DO THIS MYSELF. I CAN DO THIS." Karis yelled. Kennon only frowned at her yelling. "AND I DON'T NEED YOUR PROTECTION, MY FRIENDS ARE THE ONES WHO NEED IT! NOT ME! YOUR PROTECTING THE WRONG PERSON, KENNON." Karis snarled, Kennon sighed, rubbing his temples in frustration. Karis panted, her heart pounding. "It's just that.. If we don't do anything now and just sit here.. What will happen to us?" Karis said. Kennon knew she had a point.. But they couldn't just jump in and nearly get themselves killed. "Alright.. We'll search for them tomorrow." Kennon said, karis was a bit shocked.. She didn't expect for him to agree, after her whole rant.. She expected him to yell back.. But he actually agreed. "Let's go to sleep for now..." Kennon said, and Karis nodded. The two laid down and fell asleep, drifting away into a deep state of sleep.

To be continued.

Word count: 822