.(тнιєνєѕ).|book 2 finale|

The time me and dooka met a crazy capybara: book 2, part 16.

Mya's Pov:

This is really stupid.. Seriously? Going into pairs again? We'll only be separated for like 5 minutes. Our houses aren't that far from each other. Nothing serious could happen in the span of a few minutes, kennon's logic really hurts my brain. But oh well. "O-Okay... So, Me and Mya can Go together." Kennon said, sorting out teams. "And karis and julian can go together." Julian watched kennon with his eyes. Kennon turned to sgt. Rudo who was just listening. "And you, Um... Mister Sir..." Kennon said to sgt. Rudo. "I'll wait for ya." sgt. Rudo said, drawing out his ar-15. I nodded, as Kennon did a thumbs up. Karis smiled, and Julian agreed verbally. "Then it's set then." Kennon said, then made his way to the houses with me, Kennon still watching Karis and Julian leave.

.

.

.

.

.

Kennon's pov:

I watched as mya rushed to find supplies. "Hey, wait up!" I say, running after her. Until she came to an abrupt stop, almost causing me to crash into her from behind. "I don't get it." Mya said, which made me genuinely confused. "Don't get what? Express your confusion, and I'll be happy to explain it to yo-" I say but get cut off. "..What I don't get is that Why you always have to ruin everything? It was supposed to be a temporary solo run, not half the team run.... We can handle ourselves and we don't need supervision 24/7." Mya said, I was taken aback by her sudden aggression. "All I'm trying to do is try to keep you all safe.... And going the loner route isn't the way to do it.. Even if it's for a little while" I try to explain calmly. Mya shook her head... silent "Well that isn't your job. And you've barely done anything! And what, it's been an hour since we've reunited? Trust me.. This isn't the way I wanted us to interact after being separated for so long.. But you aren't letting me... US to do so." Mya said, and My heart dropped to my stomach. Mya was about to walk to a house to find supplies before she paused.. Still not turning to look at me. "You know, this could've worked out definitely if you only trusted me." Mya said, before disappearing into a house. I stood there, filled with sorrow, anger, and betrayal. She'll come back, right? She'll forgive me, right? Or will it completely go downhill and we'll barely say a single word to each other ever again? She wasn't necessarily wrong, though. But we need to have some sort of balance with going alone on missions and having a partner.. Or else we'll end up ruining our lives completely.

.

.

.

.

.

.

W/ Karis and Julian:

No one's pov:

Karis and Julian quickly and recklessly ransacked a house... "I'll go in the room to the left, you go to the room to the right." Julian said, and karis quickly nodded before vanishing into the other rooms, leaving the completely dark living room. Julian was currently in a bedroom, stealing things and shoving him into a backpack(which he also stole.) until he froze, he was invading, robbing and stealing someone's things... he was acting like they were possibly never coming back after this is all over, and if he knew someone stole his stuff when he was gone, he wouldn't feel the greatest.. So he grabbed a ballpoint pen and a piece of paper and began to write down an apology note. "Dear stranger, I don't know you, and I may never will, but I just wish you and your family(if you have one) are alright.. But I want to apologize for mindlessly stealing your things.. Contact me and I'll try to replace the stuff I stole.. With my allowance. Contact: -xxxxx Yours, truly:- random kid that stole your items." Julian was satisfied with his sloppy apology letter. Nodding, until something called him downstairs. "JULIAN! WHERE ARE YOU! WE GOTTA KEEP GOING! QUIT STALLING!" karis called from downstairs, julian quickly zipped everything up and practically flew down the stairs, as karis stood by the door steps. Standing by the door. "Seriously, what were you doing? It was like you were stealing the entire house at this point!" Karis complained, Julian rolled his eyes. "Here." Karis tossed him a drink, which he gladly accepted. "Got some for all of us. Now seriously get your feet moving." Karis said, and her and Julian left the house out into the street to meet up with the other 3 again.

To be continued.

Word count: 774

A/N: See you at book 3!